SOTD : Saturday 18th April to Friday 24th April 2020

IMG_20200423_201827.jpg
SOTD 24/04/20

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 3D
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Silvertip
Cream: Percy Nobleman Shaving Cream

I bought three shaving products from Boots recently:

Boots Original Shave Stick – well established and well liked.
Bulldog Original Shave Soap – very disappointing.
Percy Nobleman Shaving Cream – decent lather and slickness, good post shave feel – I am pleasantly surprised.

Keep safe guys!

Fri 24th April

RazoRock 400. SE Plissoft noir
P & B Citra Royale
Schick Type B1- Repeater
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion.

I hand loaded the blade in the B1, being wary of trying out and jamming the fully functioning loading mechanism. Looking at these early Schick creations one might expect them to be harsh Shavers, but in fact the B1 is quite mild yet efficient. The Shave was very satisfying as I got a trouble free Shave, with a pretty good close all round finish. A very nice way to end this Injector rotation.

IMG_0698.jpg

spswA5K.jpg

Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Matilda Prototype Rhodium knots 2-band Silvertip
Lather: APR Haru

24/04/20
Pre: Sainsbury's / 1912 Frankensoap, Bergamot, Nectarine & Citrus Musk
Brush: Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap: Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor: Ever Ready HFT-E Bar
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, EO infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

WK 17 (4).JPG
I really enjoyed today's shave, 3 passes for a BBS finish.
I thought i would use the Alum (just in case) no indication at all, i think i am getting to grips with these types of razors.
A very nice post shave finishing with the Original Old spice, the scent a perfect match for yesterday's soap - Stirling Spice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

LPL ‘Cédre-Patchouli'
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
Ever Ready 1912
GEM coated #1
LOL Original AS

Pleasant easy two pass shave finished off with a liberal splash of the aftershave which is the scent of the Provence countryside allegedly.
Alvarez Gómez Barberia shaving cream
Zenith TS506 Synthetic
Colonial Brass General
Feather Pro (11)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 ASB
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EDT

Alvarez Gómez Barberia shaving cream
Zenith TS506 Synthetic
Colonial Brass General
Feather Pro (11)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 ASB
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EDT

SOTD 24-4-20 (5).jpg

Hello Gents,

It's been a while....I hope that you are all well - and that I've uploaded photo etc correctly.....Spent a few minutes looking through this SOTD - blown away by the quality of photos, and all the amazing soaps , razors and brushes on display / mentioned in the descriptions.

An all Italian shave this morning, apart from the blade:

Razor: Fa Tip Gentile
Razor Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush: Omega 49 Pro
Cream: Proraso Green tube
Aftershave: Proraso Green
Balm: Proraso Sensitive

I used Proraso pre-shave before face lathering with the mighty Omega 49. Usual 3 pass shave, very comfortable, smooth finish.
The BIC blades seem to 'fly under the radar', however for me they perform really well, especially when paired with the Fa Tip.

When you think that the brush, razor cream and AS splash can be had for under £50.... A great set up for 'newbies' and 'old hands' alike.

Attachments

• SOTD 24-4-20 (2).jpg
    SOTD 24-4-20 (2).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
IMG_20200424_124909.jpg

24/4/2020

Brush - Omega 11819
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Rapira Swedish Supersteel (2)
Shaving Cream - Lea Menthol
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Intesa Glacial Lotion

Great shave today with the Rapira and Tech, and the blade was a touch less sharp today than yesterday. Sometimes blades get a little sharper on the 2nd day when the teflon begins to wear out and I'll be intrigued whether it happens with the Rapira like it does with a Voskhod.
I'm really liking the Lea Menthol, quite close to the standard Lea Sensitive Cream but the added menthol seems to make a significant contribution in making the cream more enjoyable to use, a little similar to the Palmolive Cream and the menthol variant which I believe to be a superior performer to it's regular counterpart.

In terms of a post shave product, the Intesa Glacial Lotion seems to go under the radar but it's one I quite like; a little more mouisturizing than a regular splash, somewhere in between a splash and a balm in some ways, it's very mildly scented and has a nice dose of menthol. My tube above is a sample I received from Dambiro, but I'll definitely get a replacement when it's finished.

Anyway chaps, have a good Friday and start to the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom