SOTD: Saturday 18 November - Friday 24 November 2023.

SOTD 20231118
Prep: warm shower
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Arno Palace TI A-2
Soap: Noble Otter Orbit
Razor: Blackland Osprey
Blade: Kai Stainless
AS: Myrsol blue

SOTD_20231118.jpg

SOTD_20231118_1.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD: 19th November 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Blade: Lord Silver Star. (D2)
Razor: EJ DE89.'kelvin.'

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Sensitive ASB + X-Bolt ASL.

Greetings,

Relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Over the past few weeks the EJ DE89 & Merkur 34C have excelled and gave me consistently good shaves, what more can I ask for...Both razors paired together with the Lord Silver Star blade makes a great duo.

Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Cien Men X-Bolt ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

We don't see the Contour used as much as it should be.

The head is just the same as the Featherweight and Push-button yet comes in a quite modern styling. Personally, I dislike the Push-button models and the Push-button version of the Contour for aesthetic reasons, but that's me ... the II version is a lovely piece of design.

I have two types of II whichI call A & B as well as what appears to be a 1.5 model with the back from the first incarnation rather than a strip.

ADCreHfJMw91Vmo02-tLqUFQOkh1dc05_XkzPofbIAzxzJ35-6K42yrdXfOkacsjA9ChsAcIGODEYA_mKuMff0vLuWfpBn7ivfUMW-l-xW7MFKOfbI_gWH4m_NqSdyezc2fBhyTP1OPkmV_gAy0T2qqsTmJHvA=w1200

ADCreHf4L9BlVV4JIjKvyDGUMPKXKFmnrpiSRmK29ijhymNyc7nAjRxBfvWn8B6-Joru7Cvx4lkmNqHLQJoKaS9ZceF3YlTnTEzNjld1XwEol0RirUOQmh5HucTJ-Lskk7KfokUGHNomUpK6zLkhITHU6Drz2Q=w1200

ADCreHeKM8ajzfbMJOCytonEJz1mKp_Tm3oRNVqGEh8SxRpSBcE09niuAnfHFpROd2JeKwuY-IA0LAvx-CgRynBRALO7izqgr0FW5lOKDLU0p4PQcjX9Nl3Vt6KRgd39zjJDJJmu6tJGg_Fuyg_r0k3rqdU7NQ=w1200

SOTD 19-Nov
20231119_093015.jpg
Brush: Chubby 1 Best
Soap: WK Vor V
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Ok shave this morning, needed a little more buffing than usual but got the job done.

With WK does anyone find their tallow to be a bugger to load? I've noticed it every time I've used it that I need to load for a hell of a lot longer, it's not a bad thing as it performs well when loaded and it's quite hard so I'm not going through it at pace. Just a general wondering and not a negative critique.

Hope everyone has a good one on this miserable rainy day! I get to go clothes shopping for my daughter so that should be fun...perhaps I'll get a trip to B&Q and a coffee out of it.

Cheers

Marc

We don't see the Contour used as much as it should be.

The head is just the same as the Featherweight and Push-button yet comes in a quite modern styling. Personally, I dislike the Push-button models and the Push-button version of the Contour for aesthetic reasons, but that's me ... the II version is a lovely piece of design.

I have two types of II whichI call A & B as well as what appears to be a 1.5 model with the back from the first incarnation rather than a strip.

ADCreHfJMw91Vmo02-tLqUFQOkh1dc05_XkzPofbIAzxzJ35-6K42yrdXfOkacsjA9ChsAcIGODEYA_mKuMff0vLuWfpBn7ivfUMW-l-xW7MFKOfbI_gWH4m_NqSdyezc2fBhyTP1OPkmV_gAy0T2qqsTmJHvA=w1200

ADCreHf4L9BlVV4JIjKvyDGUMPKXKFmnrpiSRmK29ijhymNyc7nAjRxBfvWn8B6-Joru7Cvx4lkmNqHLQJoKaS9ZceF3YlTnTEzNjld1XwEol0RirUOQmh5HucTJ-Lskk7KfokUGHNomUpK6zLkhITHU6Drz2Q=w1200

ADCreHeKM8ajzfbMJOCytonEJz1mKp_Tm3oRNVqGEh8SxRpSBcE09niuAnfHFpROd2JeKwuY-IA0LAvx-CgRynBRALO7izqgr0FW5lOKDLU0p4PQcjX9Nl3Vt6KRgd39zjJDJJmu6tJGg_Fuyg_r0k3rqdU7NQ=w1200
Thanks so much for the detailed information. My Contour gives me a good shave, but for some reason, the Featherweight doesn't.

SOTD: 19/11/2023

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional, 7th use
Brush: PAA Green Ray
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Moon Warmest Regards Croap
Balm: Harry's Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now
Fragrance: House Of Vision Fortitude EdP

Gone all posh today as the boy child has just got engaged and this afternoon I am meeting the to-be-in-laws for the first time. Amazing soap has gone to the top 3 in the rotation. The soap and fragrance pair perfectly, especially for the cooler weather.

IMG_9977.jpeg

Sunday 19 November
I expected an ordinary shave today, chrome factory made Mühle Traditional R41 oc, but ….wow! It was amazing for such a plain vanilla razor. I used a Sputnik teflon 4x so didn’t necessarily expect the closest shave. Lathered up, a nice soft creamy soap and mild scent and no pong today from this Kent brush :ROFLMAO: .
This razor definitely punches above its weight for its price. A true bbs in one main pass wtg followed by pick ups and light atg pass.
I continue to be impressed with Sputnik blades and more than happy with the R41.

Have a great Sunday fellas!

IMG_0383.jpegP

SOTD: 19/11/2023

Razor: Schick Injector I2 Eversharp Hydromagic
Blade: Schick Injector, 6th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your Sunday!

19/11/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - DR Harris Bay Rum
Wk 47 (2).jpg
Well that was a bit of a revelation, either my technique and confidence with the Dart has improved massively or the Rapira Blue has tamed the beast.
I completed 2 passes without issue leaving me comfortable and BBS.
A nice post shave routine without any indication from the splash.
A very happy shaver today.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom