SOTD Saturday 17th -Friday23rd September 2016

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
image.jpg SOTD Saturday 17th September 2016 . Good morning To one and all.

Prep..shower, face wash with Wickham coconut mild soap.
Pre..bloom water.
Razor..ATT H2. Windrose 16 x 85mm handle.
Blade..Gillette Nacet #2
Brush..omegea pro boar.
Soap..Wickham 1912 parma vilolet
Post..Thayers Lav AF WH
EDP..Oud 24 Hours

The first time with this blade in this razor together and wow, a real close shave, real close!
Soap razor and blade all worked in perfect harmony , all good.

Wishing you all a splendid Saturday. Over and out.

Last edited:
Sat 17th Sept

Omega s10065 Syn.
Williams AV ice Blue cream
Gem OCMM brass
Gem PTFE [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse
Williams AV ice blue A/S lotion

Felt that this model OCMM with a flat top is a bit more aggressive than those with the two raised dimples. Though I had a good shave , found that it was difficult to get as close a finish on the neck as achieved over last few days- most likely the blade on the way out for me.

IMG_0855.jpg

View attachment 20764 SOTD Saturday 17th September 2016 . Good morning To one and all.

Prep..shower, face wash with Wickham coconut mild soap.
Pre..bloom water.
Razor..ATT H2.
Blade..Gillette Nacet #2
Brush..omegea pro boar.
Soap..Wickham 1912 parma vilolet
Post..Thayers Lav AF WH
EDP..Oud 24 Hours

The first time with this blade in this razor together and wow, a real close shave, real close!
Soap razor and blade all worked in perfect harmony , all good.

Wishing you all a splendid Saturday. Over and out.
Nice set-up Paul.

SOTD: Saturday 17th September 2016.
Saturday's Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower./ Cien Men Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: parker 22R .
  • Blade:derby Extra. (new)
  • Brush: Semogue 1470.
  • Soap:Tabac + 4 drops of Glycerin in soap bowl.
  • Bloom water face wash .
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Thayer's Aloe Vera Rose Petal Witch Hazel/ Alum/ Boots Freshwood Aftershave Balm.
  • A new razor, blade & brush set up to start the weekend off nicely. The derby's work excellently with my Parker 22R,they are not the sharpest of blades granted, but i find them quite forgiving & smooth,besides that, i've got quite a few to get through, so this week i'll be using derby's for my shaves along with my Parker 22R..today's shave was excellent with the Tabac soap.such a great soap in performance & scent..3 passes + pick ups, no error's to report.. i'm ready for the start of the weekend.;).enjoy your day gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
gU2R2vnh.png

Leisurely Saturday shave. My face feels soft, smooth & awesome!

s-l1600.jpg

DSC_0437_zps34m35bxw.jpg
Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
John Nesbitt Sheffield 1/2 Hollow 6/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Great 1st Shave this Morning with My Newly Acquired Shave Ready John Nesbitt 6/8th..A Very Heavy Blade this One for a 6/8th & Super Comfortable Shaver..It Has a Very Keen Edge the Same as All these SRs that Come from Windrose UK..These Boys Know what they are Doing..Its quite a Subtle SR to Use Mind..Its like a" Shy Girl"..The Edge has a Habit of Hiding itself from You & Does Require some Attention..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Pre: Shower and Argan oil
Razor: Unknown Gillette
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
Brush: Omega

View attachment 20772
Uknown Gillette?..it could possibly be a Gillette Tech..here's a link..i have a 70's Aluminium one, tiny little lady but a brilliant razor with the right blade combo.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gillette+tech&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbisvqi5bPAhVmJ8AKHYo2BWcQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1#imgrc=4BrueNJST_aSxM:

No longer unknown. Cheers pal!

I bought is for £1.20 off Flea-Bay. Just listed as "Gillette Razor" so I was left guessing on the year and model
You've got a bargain there mate!;).. mine has a aluminium handle a very mild razor, i duo mine with either a Gillette silver blade, or Gillette original blade both sharp blades, and get superb shaves..i haven't yet tried the Nancet, but i assume they are well matched,Regards.

Back
Top Bottom