SOTD : Saturday 17th April to Friday 23rd April 2021.

Prep: Saponificio Varesino Pre shave oil
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: Saponificio Varesino 2.0
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina
Razor: Blutt Rasur BR-1 0,86 SB
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina

SOTD_20210417.jpg

SOTD_20210417_1.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SoTd
Honestly have no idea why I have to urge to keep trying this stuff but I suppose it’s because I see it as a challenge plus it gave me the chance to try out the rebranded DE89, yet again a dissipating bubbly lather I suppose it’s usable maybe in a pinch when you are running out of shaving soap which I don’t see happening any time soon..it’s got the slickness just no protection at all ! Gonna let me skin have a breather tomorrow from the punishment and then get back to my straights as I really do miss them and nothing else really compares.View attachment 68351
sorry to hear it's still as terrible as I remember.

sorry to hear it's still as terrible as I remember.
I was hoping it was was going to be similar to the loccitane Cade hard soap which with some work is a great soap but it really isn’t, a reformulation of this would be great..if the trumpers hard soaps are just like this one I don’t think I will waste my time and will stick with the creams

I was hoping it was was going to be similar to the loccitane Cade hard soap which with some work is a great soap but it really isn’t, a reformulation of this would be great..if the trumpers hard soaps are just like this one I don’t think I will waste my time and will stick with the creams
Steer well clear of them! If you haven't already, try the reformulated Floris 89. It has really impressed me. Reduced on Amazon at the moment

D5A066ED-0DB0-4CBF-AB4D-650D41E029B1.jpeg
Pre: preshave oil, hot shower, hair conditioner applied

Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo

Soap: Declaration Grooming + Chatillon Lux 88 chestnut ST.

Razor: Dovo black star 5/8 green pakkawood

Touch ups razor: Rockwell 6s R4 + Gillette winner

Post: Declaration Grooming + chatillon lux 88 chestnut st.

So first attempt with straight razor has arrived. The plan was to just do the cheeks but that definitely went awry - ended up doing two WTG passes over full face. Picked up one small weeper under the nose which did go away on its own fairly quickly.

ended up using both hands too and it wasn’t that difficult . Definitely will be using the straight razor when I get time for a bit longer shave.

Angles were bit off in places, so with 2 WTG passes I ended up getting to maybe 60-70% of closeness to DFS - ended up using my Rockwell 6s for one ATG pass to tidy up and received DFS finish....

Great smell on my newly acquired Declaration Grooming soap and aftershave. Performance was great as expected - created nice slick and protective lather.

Enjoyable shave with another rabbit hole that has opened .... seriously I think I need to get a second job lol

Steer well clear of them! If you haven't already, try the reformulated Floris 89. It has really impressed me. Reduced on Amazon at the moment
What the scent like on the floris the thing that tempted me about the trumpers was the scents I’m a big fan of rose violet and lime right up my street but I guess I will just stick to their creams instead for scents

View attachment 68359

So first attempt with straight razor has arrived. The plan was to just do the cheeks but that definitely went awry - ended up doing two WTG passes over full face. Picked up one small weeper under the nose which did go away on its own fairly quickly.

ended up using both hands too and it wasn’t that difficult . Definitely will be using the straight razor when I get time for a bit longer shave.

Angles were bit off in places, so with 2 WTG passes I ended up getting to maybe 60-70% of closeness to DFS - ended up using my Rockwell 6s for one ATG pass to tidy up and received DFS finish....

Great smell on my newly acquired Declaration Grooming soap and aftershave. Performance was great as expected - created nice slick and protective lather.

Enjoyable shave with another rabbit hole that has opened .... seriously I think I need to get a second job lol
Love it I was exactly the same with my first straight shave couldn’t just stick to the cheeks did 2 passes and didn’t get a very close shave but thinking back my first shave with a DE wasn’t very close either..I got some irritation for a short while learning but that certainly improved with time and before I knew it the DE for touch ups wasn’t necessary ! I’m glad you enjoyed it nothing beats it the guys on here have been great and helped me an awful lot with learning the straight, great bunch. The declaration sounds wonderful too will have to try some at some point

I get an elegant soapy/powdery vibe with spicy citrus in the background
That sounds nice might be one to fill my new baume be ceramic dish with if it doesn’t come in a container already..thanks had noticed the cream of this in a tube the other day on the next website but I do like a hard soap they last longer not the same risk of it going off like a cream

View attachment 68359

Well done on you first straight Shave , Great Razor !

Well done on you first straight Shave , Great Razor !
Thanks Russ! Was a bit scared at first however after first few strokes decided to continue on and see where I’ll feel Uncomfortable enough to stop, but it didn’t really happen haha ! I do love it’s looks - the scales compliment it’s gold writing quite a bit IMO!

Back
Top Bottom