SOTD: Saturday 17 June - Friday 23 June 2023.

18/06/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - OSP No. 08
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - OSP No.08
WK 25 (2).jpg
A lovely shave with the PILSNL fitted with a new Astor, i know it will last the week. Taking Mrs TC out for lunch.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

20230617_200734.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Brush Yaqi Aqua 24mm fan.
Soap The end.
Razors Gillette English Flat Bottom Fat handle Tech.
Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
Aftershave The End.

Last shave with this little Tech and the Blade is ready to be swapped out.
Not a bad shave in all but never could get that BS finish.
I have come to the end of my The end shaving soap, it lasted 3 years so can't complain.
Happy Fathers day to those that apply and have an amazing day all.

SOTD 18-June
20230618_101528 (1).jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: A&E Barbiere Classico
Razor: WR4
Blade: Super Pro (3)

Good shave this morning, the new barbershop is a cracker. Vector handle works quite well with the WR4, if you've got the Ti version I suspect it'll be almost spot on.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

IMG_3789.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Masamune Ti
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Chisel & Hound Fanchurian v18
Soap: Noble Otter Firefighter
Splash: Noble Otter Firefighter

Interesting to see the mildest end of the Tatara spectrum this time. Definitely a daily shaver for me. Comfortable with a bit more buffing at the end of the 3 passes. Enjoyable again, looking forward to the masamune nodachi combination next!

I’ll dig one up for you. Similar to the UK Marketing of the time - Wilkinson Sword Neu.
G'day @NotTheStig.

Below a photo I just took of the box of blades I am currently using.
Also a German language Reader's Digest ad of the time for these blades.

KHhlg3a.jpg

8qLUe1i.jpg

Sun 18
Soap & Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Super Shave X
A very nice soap & matching splash whip up into a creamy and very slick lather!
Superb shave with this excellent razor combined with the blade. 3 smooth and efficient passes for a bbs finish...
20230618_203453.jpg

Prep: face wash in wam water in was hand basin then coated bristles with bar of soap.
Razor: Rock well 6s R4
Blade: Gillette Winner
Brush: Omega boar
Soap: Signature Soaps Capra Alavana
AS: Speck Men Active.
Superb shave! The new shaving soap,a sample of Capra Alavana, performs effortlessly and my skin was left feeling really smooth and refreshed.

18/6/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Palmolive Green
Brush - Shed Eleven Boti 27mm N3C
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom Tech on Yaqi Handle
Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless (1)
Post - Effect Cucumber
AS - Brut Original

A lovely shave from start to finish, but is it me or the Gillette Nacet Stainless blades with a 5 in the bottom right hand corner a bit different to the ones without? The new ones do not seem as sharp as the older ones.

IMG_20230618_133510.jpg

Sunday 18 June
So, after two and a half hours of Thor playing billiards with megaton balls under a strobe light from 1 am this morning we now reached the end of summer 2023. Still humid but temperatures nearer normal for June. Early start this morning, not a rush start as such but grabbed the next razor in my rack. I give you the PARAGON open comb. A bit of a Tech clone I would say but well made and finished and even with a 6th use My-Blades it performed really well. 2 main passes and pick ups for a dfs. The brush is from an unknown maker but is badger and smoothed Puros soap (now in an old C&E Bakelite pot) with no drama or premature drying out. I finished off with some Puros after shave splash. I just love that scent, lasting and very unique. When I checked the brush later this afternoon it was dry and smelt faintly of the Puros soap. I like that.
Have a great evening fellas!
If you have time this evening try to catch the Isle of Wight festival on Sky Arts, last evening George Ezra headlined, really great, tonight Blondie :p amongst others.

IMG_7934.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom