SOTD: Saturday 17 February - Friday 23 February 2024.

Saturday 17th February

ABLVV84OL_B0K61gZXlImql6M_2TsO6ccuvExK792mA83yYlfrUtP12lV5QZpl4J7HN0aO057Hap5L5ziepDptJPwunYm5-EoZ6kbQutlRBiCVvSFRcb2_gWVwFgl3qE_ThQLNI11cRcYQN293pTLYXIlUWD-Q=w929-h929-s-no-gm

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

OSP Spirits (Shaving Station Collaboaration) Shaving Soap & Ever-Ready 600N w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Leaf Twig (Mercury) & SuperMax Super Platinum (NOS) (2)
Akcay Tobacco Cologne (as Aftershave)

Fiddling with this soap (that I tried to sell recently, to no avail) I noticed lanolin in the ingredient list! Well, one for Fat February, then ... and I was reminded just how nice this soap is. Thing is, I really (really) like triple-milled soaps and so thought to sell this one on, but I am so glad I didn't because I do really like it. Love it, even?

... another fabulous shave with the discontinued SuperMax Super Platinum (the blue and white pack) which I've marked as NOS, but guess what with their recent declaration of bankruptcy their entire catalogue is now NOS. I don't see Vidyut having gone, just SuperMax, so their excellent blades will no doubt still be produced ... likely just under the Vidyut name.

Splash of Turkish tobacco for afters and I feel fantastic!

Have a great Saturday night, fellows!

SOTD: 18th February 2024.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Face Lather.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp. (blue pack) (D2)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Rapport Original EdT.

Greetings,

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops

An acceptable close 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Rapport Original EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

First try of these blades. I'd like to say they're out of this world (sorry) but they're more very good without being excellent. Certainly smooth but would have liked to have got closer against the grain.
I'll try in others razors too of course.

Does anyone know which blade they're a rebrand of?

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet
Brush: Vulfix 404 "The Grosvenor"
Lather: Arko with aftershave lotion
Aftershave: Boots Freshwood

Last edited:
18/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 08 (2).jpg
A nice quiet early morning Sunday shave with some top quality gear.
Enjoy your day all.

First try of these blades. I'd like to say they're out of this world (sorry) but they're more very good without being excellent. Certainly smooth but would have liked to have got closer against the grain.
I'll try in others razors too of course.

Does anyone know which blade they're a rebrand of?

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet
Brush: Vulfix 404 "The Grosvenor"
Lather: Arko with aftershave lotion
Aftershave: Boots Freshwood

MIC blades are very tricky to assess for this as there seem to be a number of factories producing blades.

I'm not sure it had been established which factory the PAA blades are coming out of so I'm not sure which blade it is a rebrand of.

2024-02-18-12-01-47-955~3.jpg
today's nacet shave was definitely not as good as yesterday's with a lord platinum. the result was close enough but it wasn't as comfortable. I got a couple of tiny spots of blood, a little bit of irritation and a lot more aftershave sting. still pretty good and a nice shave overall otherwise but the tech might not be the best razor for these blades for me. back to a lord tomorrow with a different razor, soap and aftershave.

Back
Top Bottom