SOTD : Saturday 16th January to Friday 22nd January 2021.

View attachment 63358

Yesterday -

prep - facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso - R plate
blade - Med Prep (1)
brush - Chub 1 best
soap - Proraso sandalwood
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid mentally vigorous
blam - Floid
scent - Eau Sauvage parfum.

The most nervous type of shave - a funeral to attend - running late, as always - need to shave. Thinking about it later - I needn't have bothered - what with that part of my face being covered for the duration - but - if you are going to put on your best suit - actually my only suit, you want the whole effect? Even if you haven't drawn claret for years - if it is ever going to happen it will be a situation like this - just when you really really don't need to hurt yourself. This actually happened to me a couple of years ago - using a Schick! - of all razors. A virtual impossibility you would have thought? Nope - I did it - still don't know how - in my experience - the very safest of safety razor designs. Muppet. Got away with it yesterday thankfully - helped by the admirable Calypso no end. I - as have we all - experienced some weird shit since last March - but a lock-down funeral was without doubt the oddest and most unsettling experience of the lot. Of the 20 allowed mourners - virtually all of them my closest blood relatives - but with the exception of your partner - no one is allowed to touch. No handshakes, no hugs. Separated out in a freezing cold, next to empty crematorium chapel. I fully understand why - but it was odd none the less. The wake postponed until? Joins the list of communal gathering we can't have at the moment - which in the case of a funeral is normally a natural part of the grieving process - the swapping of memories and stories - and of course - the consumption of large amounts of whisky. So - to that end - let's all pay attention - stay safe. Enjoy your shaves - yours - I.

Sorry to hear. Likewise a number of wakes on hold until the 12th of never

View attachment 63358

Yesterday -

prep - facial scrub
blade - Med Prep (1)
brush - Chub 1 best
post - witch hazel
blam - Floid

The most nervous type of shave - a funeral to attend - running late, as always - need to shave. Thinking about it later - I needn't have bothered - what with that part of my face being covered for the duration - but - if you are going to put on your best suit - actually my only suit, you want the whole effect? Even if you haven't drawn claret for years - if it is ever going to happen it will be a situation like this - just when you really really don't need to hurt yourself. This actually happened to me a couple of years ago - using a Schick! - of all razors. A virtual impossibility you would have thought? Nope - I did it - still don't know how - in my experience - the very safest of safety razor designs. Muppet. Got away with it yesterday thankfully - helped by the admirable Calypso no end. I - as have we all - experienced some weird shit since last March - but a lock-down funeral was without doubt the oddest and most unsettling experience of the lot. Of the 20 allowed mourners - virtually all of them my closest blood relatives - but with the exception of your partner - no one is allowed to touch. No handshakes, no hugs. Separated out in a freezing cold, next to empty crematorium chapel. I fully understand why - but it was odd none the less. The wake postponed until? Joins the list of communal gathering we can't have at the moment - which in the case of a funeral is normally a natural part of the grieving process - the swapping of memories and stories - and of course - the consumption of large amounts of whisky. So - to that end - let's all pay attention - stay safe. Enjoy your shaves - yours - I.
Condolences for you're loss

View attachment 63358

Yesterday -

prep - facial scrub
blade - Med Prep (1)
brush - Chub 1 best
post - witch hazel
blam - Floid

“Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.”

My condolences Iain.

Sun 17th SOTD
Soap Rasozero Barbacco
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band badger
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Alum+ Thayers + Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
Good quality lather from the soap except for almost no scent...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was generally good for 3passes for a bbs to dfs result but somehow caused 2 weepers. Alum stopped it.
Rating today 9/10
20210117_115650.jpg

View attachment 63358

Yesterday -

prep - facial scrub
blade - Med Prep (1)
brush - Chub 1 best
post - witch hazel
blam - Floid

My deepest Condolences for you're loss Iain...I experienced the same last November when my aunt past away..As you said, without doubt the oddest and most unsettling experience. Take care, Yours-B

SOTD : 17th January 2021.

30.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Lemon Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Cella Crema Da Barba.
Blade: Derby Usta. (2)
Razor: Jagen David B30.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ P&G ~ Old Spice Classic ASL./ Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

The Jagen David B30 is another super-speed clone razor. It's Smooth maneuverable, and surprisingly efficient paired together with the Derby Usta on it's second use was another great combo.

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups Close comfortable acceptable sunday morning shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

17/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #17
Pre: Facial scrub with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Gillette Tech K2
Blade: NOS Permasharp Supreme (2)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red

Wk 3 (2) Sun.JPG
A very nice early morning Shave.
A face full of soft badger to face lather the Proraso Red, simply wonderful.
The Tech just Works, no messing about. 2 passes with a bit touch up for a BBS finish.
I am set up for the day.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

I would highly recommend it! This was honed on one of his JNats. He has some beautiful NOS eye candy razors for sale too....
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I would love to see my SRs to him but I am too far away, and my country's postal outbound services are suspended since May last year until further notice. I did correspond with him some. Well, until I can shave with mine, I gotta resist getting another...:)
Enjoy yours...

Sunday 17th January
Yaqi Moka Express - AoS Kingsman Cream - GEM SE 3D by Roger Quintero - GEM SSC #7 - Irisch Moos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
NAIgeaB.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Flying Hide
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacets #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

And for the first themed shave of this new shaving week I present you with 'Antithesis and opposition'

View attachment 63347

Not a razor - Occams Enoch
As blunt as fuck - Titan Mild
Carpenters hammer - Yaqi Mew Brown
Mrs Armitage's prize winning orange marmalade - Extro Arancia

An absolutely garbage shave with crappy results which have me crying for a return to an electric razor. Braun or Remmington? Or even? why not? grow a damn beard and be done with. No more sink time, no more nagging for hogging the shower room and no more having to find the time in the day.

Grow and be happy. Here have a couple of cute kittens as a Giphy with the General thoughts of 'Look at us. We're furry and proud of it'. Lick my beard

Have some Donny Osmond for a change

Hi Chris,
I learnt a salutary lesson sometime ago, if after a couple of strokes it is obvious the blade is shot - change it or the Razor. I was also using the Enoch and persevered , my skin was a irritated for a couple of days.
Hope the Sun is shining up your way - nice and bright here.
Mike

Sunday, 17 January 2021

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3.5, 3.5, 3)
Blade Nacet (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

It was a good way to start a Sunday morning; no weapers, so better than yesterday. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks.

Back
Top Bottom