SOTD: Saturday 16 December - Friday 22 December 2023.

Yates Precision Manufacturing The Winning Razor ; Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge ; Martin De Candre Vetiver ;
Maseto Shaving 30mm Finest Badger, Terre D'Hermes Aftershave Balm, Terre D'Hermes EDP

MAR-0180-Insta-pe-cas.jpg

21/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot Best Badger
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Yaqi Katana V1 SE in Space Chrome
Blade - 0.5 - Personna Lab Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 50 (6).jpg
Some have said the Katana is an aggressive razor, i find as long as i check the blade is sitting correctly it shaves really well, yes its efficient, although i have never been bitten by my V1 version.
Its always a pleasure to use the Wee Scot, it takes a bit more work when lathering from a tub, i find it works best with Sticks used crayon style.
Scent wise spot on with a nice post shave routine.
Will i ever be able to replace this soap once its finished, i live in hope.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Thursday 21 December
So the shortest day of the year today, from now on the daylight hours increase, yessss!
So, to celebrate enter the GEM Junior, with its short fat handle :ROFLMAO:
Razo Rock XxX soap, A very large bush, sorry a badger brush big enough to use to emulsion a ceiling, plus of course the GEM blade, I’m trying to wear it out but it’s pretty much still on song.
1 main pass wtg and then re lather for atg and pick ups. Result a very fine bbs finish and on with Tabac after shave balm.

Have an enjoyable day fellas!

IMG_0431.jpeg

I haven't posted a SotD for a while but having mustered up the enthusiasm to tidy the bathroom and strop my Koraat, here we are.

Wash with Droyts glycerine soap.
RR Tuscan Oud, now with the halo of doom as I've used it a lot latterly.
Highlander TSR LE walnut and cashmere.
Koraat 14/2.0 bellied hollow square point.
A lovely rich lather from this strong scented soap, whipped up with ease on the synthetic LE brush.
Bio oil and a splash of Tabac AS to finish.

I'm a tad out of practice with the straights but with 2 days growth I normally reach for an open blade rather than DE or SE. An excellent close shave from 3 passes, but some slight errors in pressure, angle or stretching meant a few little red spots of blood, which had disappeared by the time the AS went on, so all good and feeling fresh.
20231221_132618.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD Thu 21 Dec 2023

A nick in time saves nine (or something)
027EA881-B87F-4DDE-921E-A6041DA18577.jpeg
Refreshment - Hokey Cokey (so THAT’S what it’s all about, hey?)

Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Bowl - glass
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor - Fatip Piccolo OC
Blade - Derby Extra (6)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Trying out my PIF razor (cheers @ATG) used the Derby on it’s 6th outing (thought maybe a slightly blunt blade might temper the oc aggression, not sure if that worked). Following the sound advice of @Johnny Bravo and @OrangeSport (thanks guys) I took my time, tried to use no pressure and to let the weight of the razor do the work. To begin with it felt not that dissimilar to my Merkur 34c in use but way more efficient, only needed 1 full pass and some tidying but did manage to nick my neck just below the Adam’s apple (ouch!) otherwise not a bad shave, with a bit more practice and a better blade I think the Fatip will be a great addition.

Well, it’s hurtling towards Christmas so thought I’d send you all a card (just the one, not one each!) I have several prints by one of my heroes, Peter Brook, Yorkshireman, artist, walker and Border Collie owner. They are all winter scenes of the Dales and feature him and his dog. If I have a bad day with my arthritis or eyes or tremors or just feel down, I spend some time just looking at them and the sense of peace and gentle companionship engendered by them is tangible. Hard to explain, but, works for me! So I thought I’d share one with you all here.

D50299B6-E9BA-47AF-9F4A-EFFDCFD2E710.jpeg
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Best wishes from Rip my flesh and Woofles
(also known as Ken and Bella)

SOTD Thu 21 Dec 2023

A nick in time saves nine (or something)
View attachment 114803
Refreshment - Hokey Cokey (so THAT’S what it’s all about, hey?)

Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Bowl - glass
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor - Fatip Piccolo OC
Blade - Derby Extra (6)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Trying out my PIF razor (cheers @ATG) used the Derby on it’s 6th outing (thought maybe a slightly blunt blade might temper the oc aggression, not sure if that worked). Following the sound advice of @Johnny Bravo and @OrangeSport (thanks guys) I took my time, tried to use no pressure and to let the weight of the razor do the work. To begin with it felt not that dissimilar to my Merkur 34c in use but way more efficient, only needed 1 full pass and some tidying but did manage to nick my neck just below the Adam’s apple (ouch!) otherwise not a bad shave, with a bit more practice and a better blade I think the Fatip will be a great addition.

Well, it’s hurtling towards Christmas so thought I’d send you all a card (just the one, not one each!) I have several prints by one of my heroes, Peter Brook, Yorkshireman, artist, walker and Border Collie owner. They are all winter scenes of the Dales and feature him and his dog. If I have a bad day with my arthritis or eyes or tremors or just feel down, I spend some time just looking at them and the sense of peace and gentle companionship engendered by them is tangible. Hard to explain, but, works for me! So I thought I’d share one with you all here.

View attachment 114804
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Best wishes from Rip my flesh and Woofles
(also known as Ken and Bella)
A very Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and Bella.
May it be filled with booze, cut free shaves and a year of great memories ahead.
From
Mark, Hayley and Blaze the spoilt blinking dog.

Wed 20
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Bergamot Lavender + Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space
Razor & Blade Qshave Adjustable + Astra Superior Stainless
I forgot to load my packed shave gear for work but luckily stayed at Son's place, so I could use his gear...
Good lather and shave from the soap, brush, razor, blade & splash combination!
20231220_213221.jpg

Not 'my final shave for this past week etc etc' as you can be tortured with that one later, but a catch up from Wednesday and Thursday as work was hard going because of the weather.

So these shaves arrive themed, 'Bad wind'

Wednesday

20231220_162818.jpg

Rasping razor - Muhle R89
Bottom burping blade - Polsilver Lodz
Breezing brush - Zenith dark synthetic
Squeeze cheese soap - Signature Condate
Methane moisturiser - Collegen
Shooting the bunny scent - Extro Arzachena splash

'Good God, that is evil'

With an R89 what could go wrong? Nothing, and nothing did. These 89's are just a superb average day driver and one of those 'desert island' shaving objects. An excellent bit of sink time and finely finished to perfection. The humble R89. Here from my return to real razors all those years back and it will be here at the end.

Another Japanese female Ramones? May be..

Thursday

20231221_190853.jpg

Rim rippler razor - Tatara Nodachi
Butt trumpet blade - Feather
Bum thunder brush - Highlander TSR LE 2023
Sphincter singing soap - Penhaligons Bayolea soap
Moon gas moisturiser - Simple
Saluting your shorts scent - Hermes terre
'That was me'

A blade at the end of its life but still enough of an edge to provide a nice smooth end to my shave last night. After that, in the sodding bank you go. A touch of simple for a simple man and retired to bed grinning inwardly.

Then woke up and threw this shite together

Have some more Japanese girlies and a good day

Back
Top Bottom