SOTD: Saturday 15th -Friday 21st June 2019.

17/06/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaki Mysterious Space 24mm
Soap: Stirling Spice
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE Stainless steel (6)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Proraso Red
A/S: Old Spice Classic

20190610_124301.jpg

A wonderful shave today, everything just worked in harmony, a great lather, blade smooth and razor easily cutting the stubble leaving me with a very comfortable face feel. No indications from the block and a nice post shave routine. (y)
The sabre is a favourite of mine, i love the ER 1912 family but the Sabre just takes that kind of shave to another level, everything about it is just better.
Smelling and feeling good and ready for the rest of my shift.
Enjoy the rest of your day All.

SOTD, Mnday 17 June 2019.

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Kiehl's Facial Fuel (energizing), and cold water splash.
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room - Essence of Scotland Mountain Yew.
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 - Best Badger.
Bowl: Giles Shavng Co - Spotty Pedestal.
Razor: Pils 101NE.
Blade: Feather (Hi Stainless) (Day 2)
Post: Cold water, Fine 'Snakebite', followed by Skye Soap Co - Shaving Balm
Cologne: Jo Malone - Black Cedarwood and Juniper.

A very pleasant 2 pass shave - WTG and XTG, DFS finish with no issues to report. It has been a while since 'Thor's hammer' has had a run out; a good choice (I appreciate that YMMV :) .)

A Juniper theme to the shave today, that being one of the elements of the soap and the Cologne.

All the best,

Chris

View attachment 44802

Rex Ambassador
Polsilver
Maseto Finest
Declaration Grooming TSM Fougère and matching aftershave

Taking a break from the SE razors today.

First outing of my second Rex Ambassador. I sold my last one a couple of months ago and started missing not having one around a while back.
The first one I bought was the N serial code and apart from the adjustment ring being a little lose for my liking there wasn't any other complaints. Not sure why I sold it TBH.

Anyway onto the latest O variant. The fit and finish has gone up a level. The metal has more of a shine to it and the knurling seems to be cut deeper. The razor seems a little shorter and Chuckie? This might all in my head though.

Onto the shave. Started off on setting 3 but moved down to 2.5 as there was a little too much blade feel. Things felt a lot better/safer and the finished results were great.

Will I keep this one? Who knows?

Enjoy what's left of your Sunday and have a good week.

Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob; the RAD got th ebetter of me also, and I went and got a O varient to add to the M. I also feel the O is an improvement and shaves slightly better; like you, don't know how much of that is in my head :) .

Monday 17th June

Focus Slim Al - Kent Infinity - Kent/MWF -Florida Water

Less is sometimes more. On my night shift I noticed a prickly sensation indicating some irritation. Pretty much the same feeling which drove me away from Kai DE blades when I last used them. Today I eased off and didn't chase the BBS finish......it's not far off only this time I passed the Alum test.

2 passes for a great shave
:)

Let's march on with the OCs and today after much deliberation (never mind) the job fell to the iKon Deluxe OC matched to an iKon Bulldog handle. First impressions are excellent fit and finish and weighty. The OC teeth are a little sharp but nothing that a quick adjustment didn't rectify. Loaded up with a Personna Platinum and this stout baby did the job quite well.

Soap of the day was Stirling Weekend in Malibu and quite an enjoyable scent it is. Wish list? A menthol version would be awesome!

Lovely two pass DFS bordering on BBS. Great shaver this iKon Deluxe OC I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a Stainless Steel take on the venerable New Deluxe. Take care all and happy shaves.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: iKon Deluxe OC
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: Stirling Weekend in Malibu
Aftershave: Stirling Weekend in Malibu
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
D3C2A2AA-B026-4AE0-9037-938405B7DCF3.jpeg

20190617_181836_compress10.jpg
Amazing shave with my lightweight aluminium myatt open comb, used the Gillette yellows as they feel smooth & are plenty sharp they pair up well in that razor, Palmolive classic does a great job even though it's inexpensive, i don't use aftershave but some apricot kernel oil mixed with some nivea cream moisturises & leaves my skin hydrated & feeling smooth.

Date:- 18 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Apricus (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #13
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Even more new toys which lead to my shave of this evening being themed 'Game changer, life changer or just a change of underpants?'

M&S classic Y fronts - Razorock Game Changer 84
Felix and his amazing underpants - Polsilver Lodz
XXXL underpants - RazoRock Plissoft 400
Creaming my pants - Alvarez Gomez (apologies but it was just too tempting)
Jock sockers - M&S All-in-one moisturiser

Underpants, the butt of so many jokes and yet you can't live without them. Unless you are a commando for some reason. I know if I had to partake in an undercover military operation I'd like to think my danglies are not just having some hanging loose time in my fatigues. Certainly bloody not. I'd like to think they were packed in place and living in comfort.

Anyway. Returned back to my father's place for a two week stint at work and those nice people at the shave lounge had kindly forwarded my newly purchased RazoRock Game Changer just in time for my arrival. Life can be kind.

I have been looking for a new razor for some time and these Game Changers certainly ticked the right boxes. After a lengthy conversation with the Shave Lounge I was happy to go the way of this razor and so a parting of card numbers was made and an order placed. I must say in passing The Shave Lounge were absolutely brilliant to deal with and I will be back to use their services again.

I wasn't expecting too much and for a relatively cheap chunk of CNC machined stainless and at the very least some machining marks. Completely wrong here. For £65 this one very finely finished razor and far better than a number of stainless I have met to date. Good God they have even bothered to finish the inside of the cap which is one area many find not important to do so. Muhle take note.

I like attention to detail and the Game Changer gains full marks here. It may not be a mirror finish but in general it is a quality item, nicely finished and made to very acceptable tolerances. Everything fits together in a very tight manner and the blade location nice and firm. It is a bit strange to me that it is easier to locate the blade in to the base plate, but hey I can live with something outside of my normal. A very genuine full width head which encompasses the whole blade. A big tick. The handle is probably on the lighter and shorter side for me, but damn it is far better than the Ikon Bulldog I used last week. Overall though very usable and the balance sits nicely in the hand.

The geometry appears very similar to the Ikon SB with a fair bit of blade exposure and a similar kind of angle. The big difference being I would place this more in the 'medium aggressive' bracket. With a Lodz onboard a very comfortable razor and I can imagine this one would work nicely with a feather. A very inspiring shaver with a lovely sense of control and ability.

Not everything about this shave was the razor and I must say the Alvarez Gomez played its part wonderfully. A great easy to use croap with great properties and a scent I absolutely love. A boss product.

Three full passes with great comfort and a big lack fear factor. No weepers, no nicks and just one great shave smoother than a pair of silk underpants.

Altogether I am rather taken in by this new baby. It may not give the tingle inducing feel of the Ikon SB or the ultra close finish of the General, but for £65 it puts many to shame. A great value razor and think of it as being a sensible step up from say an 89. It ain't going to break the bank compared to most stainless razors out there, but it will give you one fine shave after another.

I can sleep well knowing this has been wonderful.

I feel so happy there can only be one way to go other than time to change my underpants. Bicycles? I think so

I wish all you shavers of this community a great day ahead and may your underwear have your bits held firmly in place

Back
Top Bottom