Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Blackland Brassbird
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk42 (2).JPG
A great lather from the Spicy OSP and little Commodore, a great little brush to use, a new Wizamet fitted to the Brassbird and away i went.
What's This?? The Blade does not feel as smooth as usual from the off, Yes, it is cutting but just like a blade that's about to take a dive? It actually reminds me of my Nemesis blade the Polsilver SI, Just not smooth but clearing the stubble away with ease with that underlying "rumble".
2 passes WTG then ATG for a BBS Finish with the efficient Brass-bird.
A nice post shave leaving me clean and fresh.
I will move this blade to another razor to see if anything changes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

16/10/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Blackland Brassbird
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
View attachment 94914
A great lather from the Spicy OSP and little Commodore, a great little brush to use, a new Wizamet fitted to the Brassbird and away i went.
What's This?? The Blade does not feel as smooth as usual from the off, Yes, it is cutting but just like a blade that's about to take a dive? It actually reminds me of my Nemesis blade the Polsilver SI, Just not smooth but clearing the stubble away with ease with that underlying "rumble".
2 passes WTG then ATG for a BBS Finish with the efficient Brass-bird.
A nice post shave leaving me clean and fresh.
I will move this blade to another razor to see if anything changes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Beautiful Razor Tony looks amazing in Brass.

SOTD 16-Oct
20221014_164643.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: B&M Death
Razor: WR3 & MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE (5)

A nice chilled Sunday morning shave off. I wanted to compare the MMOC vs the 0.50 blade gap purely out of my own interest, I wanted to use the sabre but sadly I didn't have the time nor the extra side of face. One side apiece and off I went. Immediately recognised that you could feel a lot more with the MMOC, no real surprise there, I suspected that going in. After the first pass what really surprised me was how close they were in terms of efficiency. I was expecting the MMOC to score a straight KO, pleasant surprise.

Now for the ATG pass, this one the WR3 won outright in terms of comfort for me. The extra weight in the head always helps me in this respect with any razor, so again no surprises for me.

As for the final finish, I've always had fantastic finishes with the MMOC but I didn't fully believe that the WR3 could match it, well I was wrong, it matched it blow for blow. If you don't want the perceived blade feel of the MMOC but the efficiency then the OC at this gap works for me. I hesitate to recommend it for others purely because of the ever coined phrase 'your mileage may vary' and it would be an expensive gamble.

As with my experiences with the WR2, would I say this warrants paying the ticket price...nope but then for these sort of things you have to have you're own motivation for getting them. But I can't argue that it is exceptional, I could perhaps have taken it up a notch or two but once again no regrets.

For the final run with the B&M sample, Death is a good one, it does seem like a blend, who knows maybe it was an accident and they just blended remnants, but it takes what I see as the best of each and throws them together. I still prefer plague in its entirety, but this one will see the light of day in rotation.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
SOTD: 16/10/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 3rd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Desairology Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Desairology Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Easy Sunday Classical Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Sunday.
Best shave of the week.
Demands only the best kit.
That is all.
Apart from obviously photographing the wrong razor.

85CA47FA-A32A-4A1A-BCA8-8839F1DFA9D9.jpeg

16 October

Signature Soaps Danum
Simpson Chubby 2
Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Danum splash

92B520A2-C730-4455-B38B-F606B608810F.jpeg
Some of my most reliably good shaving kit provided a reliably good shave this morning. Signature Soaps Hybrid Soaps are excellent, even with my hard water they always perform, and the splashes smell great. I believe the Simpson synthetic brushes are a bit marmite, but I really enjoy the Chubby, it works well, it also feels more like a Manchurian than a Best. My Claymore is one of the early ones that only takes Feather blades, but that is not a disadvantage, for me, because it produces a good shave every time.

Sotd 16/10
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: talent soap factory trash panda
Splash: talent soap factory trash panda
Alum bloc
Balm: arko unscented
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Bowl: wet the face
Razor: Gillette tv special 1958
Blade: feather 1st use

Scent notes: Bourbon Oud & caramel
Nice medium scent which gets a little stronger when lathering yeah I definitely get the Bourbon and the caramel there is another scent so I assume that's the Oud. The scent on the splash is nice I get the Bourbon and the caramel.

Hardware: I decided to use my gillette tv special for the first time and paired it with a Feather blade haven't used a Feather in 2 years and it was a brilliant shave in the flare tip the Feather felt very efficient and smooth
Great way to start a Sunday enjoy folks

20221016_103359.jpg20221016_103819.jpg20221016_103209.jpg20221016_103244.jpg20221016_104020.jpg

20221016_110303.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Brush Haryali London Modern Black Silver Tip Badger hair
Soap Signature Hibernia
Razors The Leaf and the Hawk V3 OC plate
Blade Derby Extra for the Leaf and Feather Pro for the Hawk.
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper.
Aftershave Old Spice.

Prep was a hot shower and then it was a scoop of Hibernia from Signature soaps, IMHO I feel that this soap performs better when left in the tin and lathered from there rather than my bowl but as always it performed perfectly.
This is my first outing with the open comb plate and have to say I am very impressed with it, there is plenty of feedback on the face and I had to treat it as I would a straight razor and that means no pressure and definitely no rushing or bad things happen quickly.
No shadow left behind and it was perfect for right under the nose area and that 2mm part under the bottom lip that never seems to get smooth with a DE etc.
I will be shaving with this a couple of more times and I will then go back through all the plates again because obviously my technique has improved and wanted to see if my opinions change. (for what that is worth)
I then went onto my head with the usual set up and you really can't go wrong with the Leaf razor, it's perfect for this.
I finished off with a rinse and bath in Old spice and a kiss of approval from the wife.
Enjoy this return of summer and be awesome today. :D:D

20221016_115851.jpg
Simpson Commodore X3 in Best - S.V Dolomiti - Yaqi Excalibur / Schick Proline P-30 - Zara Vibrant Leather Oud EDT.

Having somewhat prematurely stated that I didn't think a fresh P-30 was as good as a Kai Captain Pink with 10 shaves on it, well, maybe I still think that but the second shave with the Schick was better and I think maybe I was not paying enough attention to my prep and blade angle. Flatter angle and less pressure gave a pleasing result just now.

Sunday 16th October
Ever Ready 1914 - Gem Stainless Coated #5 - Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes - Yaqi Robin - Osmanli Lemon Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
FOE51xC.jpg

Sunday 16th October

Soap • Stirling Gentleman
Brush • Boti 30mm SHD
Razor • Ikon Shavecraft 102 Slant
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Stirling Gentleman Balm
Artwork • Autumn by Alexander 3 years & 10 months

Why did it take me so long to try Stirling soaps?
The two that I've used to date, (This one and Pumpkin Spice), have both performed excellently. The lather they produce are among the best I've had (and I've had a few!)
I sense a new soap addiction coming on. . . .

With the return of the legendary, and all round good guy that is @RussellR5555 , I dug out the Ikon 102 Slant which Russ very kindly gifted to me after reading of my remorse at selling my old one some time ago.
It's a smooth operator that quietly gets the job done without fault, and paired with a fresh GSB is a pleasure to use.

Finishing with Stirling Gentleman Balm.
At face value, it seems like a lot of money to spend on a balm. The reality is that a very small amount goes a long way, and the scent lingers for hours.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone

Sun 16th October

Cyril Salter. MS ED2band
P & B Citra Royale
Occams Enoch
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 4 )
Tuff Green A/S lotion

Am rather shocked that I have not according to my log used The Enoch in an age. It is a very elegant Razor and quite well regarded, but I find that it takes me more work to get an ultra close Shave with it, than its ugly brother The Oren.
Having said that I do like Shaving with it.

C204D144-D5F6-4BB9-A646-7DFD7EA8C76C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom