SOTD : Saturday 14th April - Friday 20th April 2018.

SOTD 20180420.

EBTLlr9.jpg

Vintage kwast / Maggard synth.
Wickham 1912 "Magnum" (sample).
SSSeygus SB.
Sputnik Teflon (4).
Loris E-202 EdP.

Friday 20th April

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Pre Shave cream
De Vergulde Hand Soap
Semogue TSN 2012 LE Badger/Boar Brush
Merkur 11C with an Astra SP Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Lacura Moisturiser
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla AS

Post Night Duty Shave .....and I am now ready for the Weekend!

3 passes for a lovely smooth and close Shave:)

HK4x697Y_o.jpg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Yaqi Double Open Comb
Gillette Platinum (3)
Figaro Black
Aloe Vera Gel & Duru Mandalina Cologne

Good shave today, nice and citrus with the Figaro and Duru. The Yaqi makes for a great lather coupled with this soap, usually the lathers with this aren't the best but the Yaqi can lather anything.

Don't forget the sunscreen if out today chaps, it is deceiving in the sun.

SOTD 200418
SOTD 200418 resize.jpg

Blade: Astra SP #1
Razor: Gibbs #15 Adjustable
Brush: Black anvil Custom 24mm HMW
Soap: P&B Volupta
EDT: Ferrari Bright Neroli

I have been waiting for this for a long time. I am so happy to have grabbed a beautiful Gibbs adjustable in a trade.
My all time favourite Adjustable razor is the holy DE and Adjustable for me.
Set at #4 I had no problems in producing a delightful BBS Shave.
May I take this opportunity to also thank @Digimonkey for gifting me a punch suitable for nipping the blades to fit this razor. I really appreciate it Iain. :)

Aided with the Black Anvil custom with cloud soft High Mountain White tips and the Beautiful scented P&B Volupta.
A first class soap with great slickness and cushion.

Finished with the wonderful Ferrari EDT.

Cant believe I am saying this again. (Where did that week just go guys?)

"Enjoy your forthcoming weekend and your shaves!" :)

Last edited:
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Wee Scot
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Colonial Brass General
Blade: Pro Super

IMG_20180420_153036.jpg
A lovely way to end the week, and it seems the still scritchy brush is losing some of its prickle or maybe my skin is building up a tolerance.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Feather Professional Artist Club DX
Feather ProGuard
Caliber 5 Core Motion Technology with Quattro Titanium cart
Plissoft Brush
Cella Crema da Barba
Grapeseed Shaving Oil with additional EO's
Alum
Nivea 2 Phase AS
Speick AS
Nivea Balm

Second shave with the DX/ProGuard. It looks like I survived a hanging, quite a lot of irritation on the neck. Touched up and finished off with the Quattro.

Last edited:
Fri 20th April

Omega 11137 boar
L'Occitane Cade Cream
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline ( 2 )
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion.

Was one of those really good days,the edge just right on the blade the lather rich and creamy. The Shave was so smooth and comfortable that extra polishing up work yielded an extrs special close finish, with no problems.Probably my best Shave this week,and that includes one with Type F.

IMG_0064.jpg

'Brassed off Spaniard meets the long arm of the law' was the theme for this evening

uc

Seygus brass head
Polsilver Lodz
My DIY brass 118mm handle (turned while bored one day)
Muhle synthetic
OSP Barber shop
Opium soap by Savon De Marseille
ADP Blue Mediterraneo

Recently my shaves have been a bit of a 'get it done and get it done quickly' with life and its many agendas. For the past few days my weapon of choice has been the Seygus brass head. A very mild razor with effective results and one I can trust not to give cause for the possibility of a skin graft. Partnered with the Polsilver Lodz for a really great combination. The 'long arm' handle as I turned it to match this head and very happy with the aesthetic results. Not great on grip but after a few uses I kind of got used to this negative point.

The OSP because I am becoming as obsessed with their creams as they are apparently with soap. Or so the name says on the lid. Brilliant stuff.

Muhle synthetic as I don't quite get this brush thing and as much as I would like more brushes (Just to collect and look nice in the cabinet) my wife would understand the brush thing even less than me. It does a wonderful job of being a brush.

The soap was a recent purchase while in North Wales (must be a Franco Welsh thing) and I really do love the scent and lather. I also thought a bar of black soap would look good in the grey and white shower room. And it does.

So a steal of a shave this evening and again a nice quick event, but it leaves me a Smooth Criminal and if I was ever to go down for porridge I would ask if I could possibly take these products with me.

Jeremy the bear agrees with everything

Back
Top Bottom