SOTD : Saturday 13th March to Friday 19th March 2021

14/3/21

Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Lancet Advance Platinum (1)
Post - AS Brut Oceans

First time using this particular blade by Lancet, it felt very similar to the Lancet Super Platinum so much so I'd say they were the same blade. The last LSP I used on it's first use was fairly smooth on the first pass, but much sharper after and this new LAP performed exactly the same. The results of the shave were excellent, my face is very smooth and it was a comfortable shave.
The last LSP I used worked very well in an Old Type so that will be the razor used for tomorrow's shave.

Have a good Sunday gents.

20210314-121134-1.jpg

14/03/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: DS Cosmetics synth
Soap: Signature Soap Britannia
Razor: PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (1)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Wk11 (7).JPG

A wonderful shave today with the PILS paired with a new Feather, so smooth.
1st time use for me with the Signature soaps Britannia, @BrianH did say it is a "Marmite" soap and as i am not a massive fan of Menthol mintyness i was not expecting to be in the "I like it" camp, however, i am one of the ones who does like it.
The description "Fragranced with a careful balance of Aniseed, Spearmint and Peppermint Essential Oils" is spot on and all the ingredients seem to compliment each other, the Aniseed balancing the sweetness of the mint. I found the Eboracum similar, the Cedarwood complimenting the peppermint and taking some of the "sweetshop" away, i suppose i just do not favour out and out, stand alone sweet, minty scents.
The lather was really nice, produced with a face lathering.
I only needed 2 passes today for a BBS and Oh so comfortable finish.
I finished with the Floïd post shave products leaving me clean, smooth, "stimulated" and ready for the day ahead.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul for your kind words
Maybe it’s just me that’s bored
10 days in lockdown now & it’s taking it’s toll a bit.
was meant to be released lol :ROFLMAO: today however we have had test results back & we’re not getting out until we’ve all had negative tests.
I need to get out of here quick just to stop me spending
Yes I have found that my spending goes up the longer I'm locked down, but hey ho what can you do!
Take care Mike.

Paul.

Last night shave.
Prep: shower and Proraso pre shave cream
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate R4
Blade: Super Shave X 2nd shave
Brush : Omega boar - soaked for 5 mins in warm water
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
AS splash Vectis
ASB Proraso sensitive
3 day stubble mown down to a DFS appearance.Not sure about the blade-tugs too much;I have bought 100 of these:eek:GSB's are my favourite. New pack of Gillette London Bridge to try tomorrow. Stay safe everyone.

2fiXt4V.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (6)
Scent: Portus Cale Black EdT

A simple and very enjoyable shave; DFS+ and most refreshed.

14/03/21

View attachment 66349

1st time use for me with the Signature soaps Britannia, @BrianH did say it is a "Marmite" soap and as i am not a massive fan of Menthol mintyness i was not expecting to be in the "I like it" camp, however, i am one of the ones who does likes it.
The description "Fragranced with a careful balance of Aniseed, Spearmint and Peppermint Essential Oils" is spot on and all the ingredients seem to compliment each other, the Aniseed balancing the sweetness of the mint. I found the Eboracum similar, the Cedarwood complimenting the peppermint and taking some of the "sweetshop" away, i suppose i just do not favour out and out, stand alone sweet, minty scents.
I finished with the Floïd post shave products leaving me clean, smooth, "stimulated" and ready for the day ahead.
Love that brush @Tony'schin

20210314_104818.jpg

Hi All
My shave of the day was brought to you by.

Prep The Cube Menthol
Brush Haryali London Modern Black Silver Tip Badger hair Shaving Brush
Razors
Leaf Razor for my head
A Feon Vintage Japanese Razor
Soap Signature Eboracum
Aftershave Old Gold.

It was a refreshing change to be able to shave in the daylight and see what I am doing for a change.
A lovely 2 pass shave and BBS bring on the kissing without the wife grumbling about her face getting scratched lol :ROFLMAO:
Enjoy your day.

14/03/21

View attachment 66349

1st time use for me with the Signature soaps Britannia, @BrianH did say it is a "Marmite" soap and as i am not a massive fan of Menthol mintyness i was not expecting to be in the "I like it" camp, however, i am one of the ones who does likes it.
Glad you like it, that’s more on board now! @Satanfriendly we’re starting an Aniseed Fan Club

14 March

Signature Soaps Danum
PAA Peregrino
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Danum asl

3BFF19A9-E615-4FE0-8BE0-02CC0C52A2EC.jpeg

A very pleasant close and comfortable shave this morning. The Ikon Deluxe gives a wonderful shave with a Feather blade. Fourth day in a row using the Danum soap and after shave and my skin is feeling the benefit and my nose is appreciating the the scent.

Back
Top Bottom