SOTD : Saturday 13th June - Friday 19th June 2020

View attachment 55825
SOTD 16th June
Soap - P&B Sanskrit - excellent performance and my favourite smelling soap bar none!
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - brilliant performer
Razor - Gillette Adjustable setting 7,5 and 3 - smooth and intuitive performer.
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword - only ever been able to get this blade to work in my FrankenStar razor. OK 3 passes, sharp but not as smooth as my other Gillette blades and 2 weepers which are rare for me.
Post - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine - lovely scent and usual top notch post shave feel.
Take care people, stay safe and enjoy your shaves.
Sanskrit is fantastic. My first and all time P&B favourite soap. It should be a mainstay in the core line offering.

Wed 17th SOTD
Cream Omega Eucalyptus
Bowl Red Nubs
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DOC Mellon
Blade Silver Star 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Polo EDT
Great lather from cream, brush & bowl combo. Creamily thick and ok slickness.
Shave with razor and blade pairing was just ok. Acceptable smoothness & sharpness after 14 shaves using Tatra & Tiger blades...this blade feels not as good...especially with smoothness. Still comfortable for 3+1 multiple passes. No issues. Icy water rinse was terrific followed by minty Thayers plus Hyaluronic & Polo EDT. Result was more towards DFS++. Rating 9/10
20200617_073353.jpg
20200617_080504.jpg

Good evening, I hope you're all well.

This evenings effort consisted of;

Pre- Myrsol Emulsion
Razor- Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade- Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless (5)
Soap- Signature Soaps Britannia
Brush- Ex Sh Medium Jock Synth
Post- Osma Alum block and Myrsol Emulsion

First time with this soap, the dominant scent is aniseed with the mint in the background.
Took quite a lot of water to get going but when it did the lather was great, very thick and an excellent long lasting scent.
This blade works well with the Rockwell 6S and I'm more than happy with two passes, with and against using the R4 plate.
A quick rub of alum produced a negligible amount of sting so more than happy with tonight's effort.

Stay safe, keep smiling.

View attachment 55817
Aniseed Spreamint Peppermint is my favourite! Regards Brian

DSCF0020 - Edited.jpg

Wednesday‌ ‌06.17.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette '46 Milord Set
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Yaqi‌ ‌Moka‌ ‌Express‌ ‌26mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌ ‌
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌
Barrister‌ ‌And‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Barrister's‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Aftershave‌

DSCF0023 - Edited.jpg

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - Wilkinson Blue Bowel
Brush - Exec Shaving Big Jock
Razor - Merkur 34
Blade - Personna Red (1)
Post - Alum followed by moisturiser with SPF

Wilkinson Wednesday Shave.
I'd found an old packet of Personna reds with the red wrapper in my drawer. I used to use these all the time, then they appeared to change once the red wrapper was removed. After using today, I think I prefer the Wilkinsons blades I'd been buying locally. Anyway a nice three pass shave today.

IMG_7755.jpg

Wednesday's Shave

Preshave: African Black Soap
Razor: Imperial 8/8
Brush: Cadman MDM 24mm Synthetic
Soap: Baume.be
Balm: Castle Forbes Lime
Splash: Skin Bracer
EDT: Essence Dark Blue (Lidl)

I have been plucking up the courage to shave with this razor and I survived the 8/8 Imperial , this razor is much larger than the 2 I used so far and was bundled in with the Dovo , it is a cheap one and not sure where it is made , testament to the skill of the person who honed it for me it shaved quite nicely, but I think the edge was deteriorating as I went.

Second use with the Baume.be Cream and I have to say it is excellent !

20200616_190751 2.jpg

Wednesday 17th June
Yaqi Moka Express - Palmolive Classic grated stick - Ever Ready Natural Angle Heavy Flat Top - GEM SSC #3 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
1Igu2c0.jpg

My favourite of the 'modern' ER's gave me a superb result today. The Palmolive contributed a big part. What an excellent soap it is.

17/06/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: ATT SE1 - G
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE (3)
Post shave: Cold water splash,
Balm: Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Copycat Oud Wood
3. Wed.JPG
A steady 3 pass shave for a BBS finish.
Feeling and smelling top drawer.
Stay safe and Enjoy your day All

17 June

TFS Corte Sabauda
Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Balm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper

311C5EF8-A70B-40E3-8E86-5217B986697A.jpeg

The Feather AS-D1 was a bit of a Marmite razor in it's time. It's successor, AS-D2, fared somewhat better in the forums, but still was considered a very mild razor. Today the AS-D1 mowed down two days growth in two passes. Well, one really, but I enjoyed the second one to use up the lather. For me this is the ultimate non-adjustable razor, so smooth and so efficient, provided you get the angle right.

Back
Top Bottom