SOTD: Saturday 13 April - Friday 19 April 2024.

Razor - Timor
Blade - Astra (2)
Brush - Simpson Captain
Soap - Cella

Change of approach. The 3 pass shave was requiring such extensive touch-ups it was basically a 4 pass shave… with extra irritation. I decided that the XTG was bringing nothing to the party. So I tried a 2 pass with some touch-ups and it worked better… just need to work on it a bit.

I’ve always had a bit of trouble with the Cella. I love the smell, but it wasn’t exactly doing the much-vaunted “lather explosion”. So I decided to beat it to buggery with the Captain… and it worked.

A pretty good shave overall, then. I thought I might need a dab of my Proraso superglue, but the clinique soother sorted the job out… miraculous stuff.

View attachment 119534

Captains are great folk to beat things to buggery with

Friday 19th April
Birthday Shave
Ever Ready 1907 Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless # 6 - Cadman Custom M7 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Old Spice Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018143-01.jpg
Happy birthday @Electrif best wishes!

@Electrif
Happy Birthday!

19/4/24

Soap - Signature Soaps Capra
Brush - Yaqi G4 20mm
Razor - Souplex Bakelite
Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless (2)
Post - Alum
AS - Williams Aqua Velva

I've seen Paul @pjgh using his bakelite Souplex handle, and I have the same razor which I haven't used for a while so I thought I'd give it a go for today's shave. It has a fantastic handle, one of the better light handles I own! I remember the head being milder than I usually like but with the right angle it is actually a decent shave, especially with an incredibly sharp blade like a Nacet.

1000013733.jpg

Have a good weekend gents.

View attachment 119515

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Signature soaps Eboracum.
Razor Stando Rod.
Blade Feather Pro (6).
Aftershave Jimmy Choo.

The Highlander Badger Brush and my Boar just get better with every use and as you can pretty much tell from my posts of late they are all I seem to reach for.
Big shout out too Signature soaps Eboracum, never fails to produce a fantastic lather even if you get heavy handed with the water, brilliant.
A nice 2 pass shave tonight not bbs but more than good enough for smoochies with ma neighbours wife ha ha, the blade is now in the bin as it was getting rough and I don't need to settle for less than excellent because I have millions of blades.

Enjoy the evening everyone.
Thank you. It loves water.
Have a great weekend. Brian

I'll tell you what being crap is all about. I've just had to trawl through 7 pages of :love:, :love:, (y), :(, (y),(y), ':unsure: Que es esta?', :mad:, (y), (y), :geek:,:ROFLMAO:, :ROFLMAO:. What a bloody tedious task.

So here we are a number of days in to this week and I finally get my arse in to gear and say, as my first entry for this new (but now old) week of SOTD's I offer you a number of shaves with the common theme 'Shaving and my fluffy yellow balls'. Despite the fact not all these shaves will be displaying my yellow fluffy bits.

The biggest excuse for my late arrival is having taken a short vacation over in Malta and not being arsed. Other minor excuses include being useless and being really useless.

Saturday

View attachment 119497

Fluff remover - 3ONE6
Fluff removing blade - Brazilian Wilkie
Fluffy yellow ball - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Fluffing cream - Signature Valentia
Soften my fluffy balls - Collagen
Fluffer puffer - Van Cleef Rose Rouge

A most wonderful bit of shave time curtesy of Maltese air and water. And so bloody brilliant I decided the next three shaves would be exactly the same. Then again there was no other choice as this is all I took. But I knew my yellow fluffy balls were in good hands.

Have some Japanese ladies in fluffy yellow

Sunday

View attachment 119516

To save me having to write further annoying rubbish please see Saturday's shave and then have some more Japanese girlies. And make mine some more Beaver

Monday

View attachment 119517

Further adventures of fluffy yellow balls and the art of shaving. Please see either Saturday or Sunday if you wish to take the longer route and end up on Saturday anyway.

And then enjoy some more of those Otoboke girls...

And that wraps up the tales of my testicles

Tuesday

View attachment 119518

Further adventures of fluffy yellow balls and the art of shaving. Please see either Saturday, Sunday or Monday if you wish to take the longer route and end up on Saturday anyway.

Whoops wrong shave. Guess that's being habitual for you.

A razor - Stainless Mongoose
A blade - Kai Titan mild
A brush - Highlander TSR LE 2023
A soap - York Swirling Soapery Vibrant Charm
A balm - L'Occitane Cade

A mediocre shave which had to be finished with if all things, the 3ONE6 as the Kai was on its last legs and did more pulling than I can manage without being on a tug boat. A very acceptable finish by the time the Jagger had done its bit.

Japanese girls? Of course....some more Beaver? Not this time. You can have some Midori because I know how much you love her......

Wednesday

View attachment 119520

And there's more? Indeed there is...

:sleep: - Stainless Mongoose
:sleep: - Schick Proline
:sleep: - Highlander LFC ( and a :sleep: for LFC)
:sleep: - Signature Londinium
:sleep: - Collagen
:sleep: - Guerlain Heritage

Schick Proline, the new and in vogue Kai Titan mild replacement. They just seem to be my yellow fluffy ball blade of the moment.

With this bunch what else what could I expect? A superlative finish.

And if you thought Midori was shite, then try these...

Thursday
View attachment 119521

Occams Enoch
Schick Proline
Hive-2
Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Simple moisturiser
Abbate Y Mantia Krokos

Liverpool were crap, this shave wasn't
Hope you behaved yourself. We wouldn’t want Maltese Cross!

Back
Top Bottom