SOTD : Saturday 12th May - Friday 18th May 2018.

upload_2018-5-14_8-0-1.jpeg

Brush: Frank Shaving 20mm Best Badger
Cream: Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate
Razor: Vigshaving combination head (open comb side) on RazoRock bamboo SS handle
Blade: Feather (1)

It was the Bristol 10k yesterday (now the avatar makes sense!). A bit of a warm one so no PBs, but comfortably in the top 1,000 (well, by seven seconds :/)

All that sun and exercise seem to have stimulated the follicles, so I decided to bust out the dreaded Feathers, my first try with them. They behaved with perfect gentility, leaving neither nick nor cut nor weeper, whilst getting me very nicely smooth. Colour me impressed.

I understand that longevity is not considered their strong suit, so we'll see how they do over the course of the week (or possibly less).

Happy shaving, all.

image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, MWF bath Soap
Razor ~ Rolls Razor, 1936 in a Stainless steel case
Blade ~ Rolls Hollow Ground blade , honed by @Fergiebilly
Soap ~ Vitos Red
Brush ~ Zennith Boar B26
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Mugler Pure Havane

A very good shave with the Rolls razor and I thought I would use my Vitos Red after finding out yesterday from another members SOTD post that it had been discontinued!? (Still available from many outlets)
Great hone job on the blade, as sharp as you like, cheers B.

Have a great day people.....P.

Last edited:
ItmicSeh.jpg

Cheshire vibes in the parlour!

SOTD 14MAY18.JPG
SOTD 14MAY18
Razor: Charcoal Goods Lvl 2 DC | Magnum
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (6)
Brush: C&R | Declaration 'B3'
Soap: Mammoth Soaps v9
Very nice shave this morning with the v9 base from Mammoth Soaps. The scent notes include: tobacco, orange, and spices. It's a very warm and enjoyable scent. Compared to the v6 base I used on Saturday, this base was a much better performer with notable improvements in slickness, residual slickness, and post-shave feel. I also noticed that this version is much thirstier than the v6, I had to add a ton of water to get it just right.

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Gibbs No.15 @4
Blade: Gillette Nacet
IMG_20180514_093004.jpg
A great start to the week and I've decided to make a conscious mental effort to remove Vitos from the fantastic budget soap compartment in my brain to the fantastic soap compartment.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Monday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: Soapy Science ‘MINT MINT'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / The Sudsy Soapery: Lavender & Peppermint Aftershave Splash

Well, that was a really enjoyable shave! I seriously couldn't fault it... the lather whipped up light, fluffy, and shiny.. slickness was spot on, as was the residual slickness... definitely no problems there... In fact, it was that enjoyable, that I was making extra passes just for the fun of it... Yeah, a great start to my week.

Back
Top Bottom