Music today was courtesy of my old Corp Band

12/11/17

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft style 24mm
Soap - Tabac
Razor/Blade - Old Type/Tian SB
Razor/Blade - DE89/Polsilver SI
Post - Alum/RSC Balm
AS - Ayup Sabri Tobacco

I started off shaving with my Old Type loaded with a brand new Tian Super Blue, and after a few drags it was apparent it was a bum blade so I took out the DE89 loaded with a Polsilver SI to finish off. After the third pass there was a bit of stubble left around my jaw so I took out the Polsilver and put it to the Old Type for a clear up pass and the results are superb. It's taken a while to get used to using the Old Type but it's becoming my favourite razor.

The Big Shave 11th November 2017

Todays big shave I am mixing it up a little. I have been using wedges and near wedges for a while BUT about a month ago I bought a beautiful 11/16” Custom Bellied Full Hollow from Victor Creazzi - his website details are included in the video and below. Victor's razor was so sharp and comfortable that I did a 4-pass shave. ZERO razor burn - just wonderful.

Victor's blades can be found at http://www.bluesmanblades.com

BTW De Vergulde Hand in Dutch translates to The Gilded Hand

If you like this video please subscribe to my YouTube Channel!!

Chemicals
PREP Pre-Shave Cream
Portugal 4711 Eau De Cologne
Razorock Alum Block
De Vergulde Hand Puck Soap from Amsterdam

Mechanicals
Semogue Boar Brush
Victor Creazzi 11/16” Bellied Full Hollow Custom
Lathered in the pot - no shaving bowl!

PRE- Almond oil

RAZOR- Gillette Fatboy (Razor Emporium)

RAZOR- Feather

BRUSH- SOC Boar

SOAP- P&B Sanskrit

POST- Alum + Pinaud Clubman

An excellent shave for this glorious Sunday. I forgot how thirsty P&B can be. Great product though I would love to mix it with half a cake of MWF and a few drops of almond oil. Think I will when I have the time.
Not a bit of sting from the post treatment doesn't feel like a shaved at all.
Have a great day gents. Shave on!

692186d78a56266e111270ccbf7b4b5d.jpg

Sun 12th Nov.
Omega 11126 boar
Stirling Baker Street
Shick N1
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Alum Rub /Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

My fist use of a Schick N1, with an AC Proline blade to see how it stacks up against the O Clone and PAL Injecto-Matic that I have used in the last few days.

Well in looks, it really is a "Blade on A Stick", but in fact when in use it is very manoeuvrable. When held near the end it can be used for long sweeping Strokes, and when held near the head can be used for precision work. The Shave experience was very good being smooth and comfortable, being slightly more aggressive than the O clone, the finished Shave being of a similar finish quality to those with the O & PAL.

When these Injectors are used with the AC Proline, the Shaves achieved are so good, that I wonder if I should have brought some modern AC /SEs. Well If had not done so, I would not be able to relate to the experiences of others who use them. I could not believe what a great Shave one could get from a Mongoose till I tried it.

IMG_0412.jpg

English Gillette Aristocrat Jnr, Lab Blue
Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic
Ingram
Benjamin's Bay Rum
Astral
Mr Taylor's Cologne

Just right prior to a 4 mile amble round the foothills of the Pentlands. All I can manage these days as awaiting surgery on my right knee (cartilage). I do rather like this 'proper' Aristo Jnr with its flat base plate and really pronounced knurling (on this example anyway)

Back
Top Bottom