SOTD: Saturday 11 May - Friday 17 May 2024.

Razor = Muhle Rocca
Blade = Gillette Platinum ( 1 ). Bulgarian
Brush = That Darn Robb 26mm Boar
Soap = Mammoth HYGGE with matching
splash & balm.

IMG_1614.jpegBit of an early shave for me today,
Late Afternoon afternoon after being on an offshore winch trading course in the the morning.
Getting up early is not easy lol.
This soap i like a lot and another that’s nearly done.
Maybe a dozen shaves left.
The barbershop scent is first class with a wonderful lather to boot.
The Rocca has paired with the Platinum was a dream match.
Kick on tomorrow

SOTD Tue 14 May 2024

Here comes the rain again, shave
B6F45CC7-3F15-42E3-94EA-51467A2D4CB8.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Proraso White
Brush - Yaqi Cola 22mm synthetic
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Shark Platinum (4)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse
Splash - homemade (witch hazel and essential oils), Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing PSB

Despite the weather, had an excellent shave. Great lather from the Sensitive Proraso and good little brush. The Merkur and Shark combination beIng smooth and close. Face now feeling nice and moisturised and smelling great.

2BF6A985-86EB-4E94-AB8C-4BCE23BE64FF.jpeg
Hope this rain has gone by tomorrow or we will be having a wet walk!
Who is this “we”, kemo sabe?

Last edited:
Milky May

Tuesday 14th May

AP1GczN-BcumV1xWsHOnX1St3nfbcxmlFBmsmSAXYsnBrggp07WlJWx0pgUMpdNrIC0bckQNZYLShWxVsrI-3Mpjbif6yRKvLDSXR07qDx6LMEbiiVzBnjJq_oyf2M5Yzlgwujj-qz1_q7DExdw32Wv8ZOt4xw=w800

BeeClean Peppermint Shaving Soap & Ever-Ready 100T w/Semogue 1250 Pure Bristle Reknot
KCG w/Yaqi Tsuka Handle & Lord Platinum Class (2)
Pashana Original Aftershave

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Yates 921 head (M) on Winning V2 SS handle, Ladas
Head - Yates Winning V2 Ti, Gillette Nacet
MacDuffs & TRC Worst Cabin Ever - soap & splash
Yaqi Caramel synthetic brush
Thayer's Coconut
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm

Been enjoying getting to know the 921, I definitely prefer it with a shorter handle and with the H plate, the EH plate feels like it has the potential to be perhaps a little too much/more than is needed but still usable, the M plate alas I fear just isn't for me though - might try a few more blades before I settle on that opinion though.

1000011484.jpg

Wed 15
Cream & Aftershave Palmolive + MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor & Blade AC Kamisori & Feather Professional
Super nice combination of cream, brush, and aftershave!
This razor satisfied my craving for a straight. I find it incredible how the shave angle for this AC razor is much more compared to a straight razor...
20240515_101253.jpg

Sounds like a nice change even if ships should be well avoided. Even if it took me 47 years to learn that one. 26 of them O&G.

Enjoy your time afloat
Wow...that long...in the infamous North Seas, I wouldn't last 2 days:D. Luckily this vessel is huge, and the seas at my location...you may think is a pond...:):D
Damn, I had my money on Pirate...
Nononono....no respected pirate will shave...that won't do for people like us...
If I am found with shave gears onboard the pirate ship (btw...it's still kinda active in this part) I most probably have to walk the plank...:D:cool:

Wow...that long...in the infamous North Seas, I wouldn't last 2 days:D. Luckily this vessel is huge, and the seas at my location...you may think is a pond...:):D

Nononono....no respected pirate will shave...that won't do for people like us...
If I am found with shave gears onboard the pirate ship (btw...it's still kinda active in this part) I most probably have to walk the plank...:D:cool:

Not quite just the North Sea as I only did 5 years or so there. Thank God. Mainly worldwide. 9 years in Mexico alone.

Second shave with the Lion blade and still using the mk1 adjustable. With a day-and-a-half of growth the blade worked but felt scrapey and unpleasant. No irritation but just unpleasant to use. Ditched it for a cheap Chinese Ri-Mei blade which did a lot better.

Another item recently excavated from storage is the Active version of Speick in aftershave form. The classic Speick smell but with lemon rather than lavender. Great stuff.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Lion Super Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: SigNature Novus Spice
Aftershave: Speick Active
IMG_20240515_081305.jpg

Back
Top Bottom