SOTD : Saturday 10th July to Friday 16nd July 2021

View attachment 73516
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Menthol cube.
Soap Signature Eboracum.
Razor 1935 Crown & Sword Razor, finally got it shave ready today.
Razors Leaf for my head.
Blade Derby Extra.
Brush Mountain Best 100% pure badger brush.
Aftershave Brute.
Tip Top shave today ready for when I take the wife out for a meal and the to see the movie The Black widow, she has been waiting for this to come out a while now.
Stay safe everyone and have a great day :D
Thank you

Pre = Fitjar Islands Charcoal Bar
Razor = Feather As-D2
Blade = Tiger Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Yaqi Atlantis 24mm Synthetic
Soap = The Watchman By Zingari Man with matching splash & balm.

Decided to shave everyday this week because i’m in quarantine and basically nothing else to do lol
Decided to go with the Watchman,
Absolutely love this soap although the scent would suggest more of a winter feel but i just use it whenever.
I could only pick one brush for this shave and it’s the wonderful Atlantis by Yaqi,
First time for me with this brush and it didn’t fail to impress as most Yaqi’s do really.
Just picked a blade at random and the tiger it was, another blade i hadn’t used in a while but brilliant results.
All in All it was another Brilliant Shave & now i can only look forward to tomorrow for another.
All The Best Lads
Stay Safe
7D73852C-5299-4CF4-BCCA-484277B8C98A.png

Tuesday AM 2021-07-13
National World Cup Soccer Day
2ILJR1Z.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Asylum Royal Fougère shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/H&S Black
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (13)
Asylum Royal Fougère aftershave

exX6QzX.jpg

20210713_160452.jpg
SOTD 13th Jul
Pre - PAA Cube
Soap - TDS very slight hint of Sandalwood
Brush - Omega S Brush
Razor - Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #5
Post - GS Abysso lotion and Real Musgo balm
Two and half day stubble required a bit of scritch and something........efficient. Step up the MMOC and Omega S Brush.
A ton of super slick and shiny lather whipped up by brush and soap - scritch from brush was most welcome. The more I use these TDS soaps the further up the pecking order they climb in my Den - very, very good performing soaps even if the scents aren't as strong as others.
3 passes with the MMOC resulted in BBS with a ton of blade feel - you know you've had a close shave with this weapon - a real sense of achievement every time I use this.
The post shave was excellent - first time using Abysso and I love the scent. Real Musgo balm was the icing on this particular cake!
Continue to stay safe Gents and enjoy your shaves.

Prep: Shower with PAA menthol cube

Pre: PAA menthol cube

Soap: TOBS lime zest

Brush: Yaqi cavern lake two band badger, (my new one!)

Razor: Leaf Twig

Blade: Half a Willy’s

My neglected Twig returned today and reminded me while I’ll never let it go! A lovely smooth shave followed by TOBS Victorian lime aftershave.

Attachments

• 9126B728-766A-4165-A294-CB228DDECD8F.jpeg
    9126B728-766A-4165-A294-CB228DDECD8F.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1
LzGuo0a.jpg

Prep: Hot shower, Ice cube 2.0
Brush: Shavemac 26mm 2band silvertip badger bulb
Razor: Gillette super speed flare tip
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Lather: RazoRock - XXX - Soap
Post Shave: RazoRock - XXX - Aftershave

I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this brush - key is to load a bit longer than my yaqi, as well as face lather. Doesn't feel as good whilst bowl lathering with it. Finally getting decent amounts of lather, enough for 3 passes! Nice little brush that is.

Ice cube froze my face off again... but It actually smells great with the XXX added to the mix! Plenty of good lather there. 3 passes for BBS on face / DFS on neck. Must say that Flare tip Super speed is a bit on mild side... I think it's milder than rocket HD? at least that's what I feel like.

No cuts or weepers this time - blade performed great. I really do enjoy the nacets - and so far they seem to work a treat in any razors I have thrown at them.

I do notice a bit of a pattern - seems like more aggressive razors are bit more fussy with what blades they're loaded in, but in less aggressive razors, majority of the blades seem to work okay - just the efficiency can differ a bit, and sometimes smoothness.

Finished off with XXX aftershave, and followed up with last sampler of Bart's new scents - Specimen H. (damn, I feel like some mad scientist calling them balms specimens... so much fun!).

LzGuo0a.jpg

Prep: Hot shower, Ice cube 2.0
Brush: Shavemac 26mm 2band silvertip badger bulb
Razor: Gillette super speed flare tip
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Lather: RazoRock - XXX - Soap
Post Shave: RazoRock - XXX - Aftershave

I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this brush - key is to load a bit longer than my yaqi, as well as face lather. Doesn't feel as good whilst bowl lathering with it. Finally getting decent amounts of lather, enough for 3 passes! Nice little brush that is.

Ice cube froze my face off again... but It actually smells great with the XXX added to the mix! Plenty of good lather there. 3 passes for BBS on face / DFS on neck. Must say that Flare tip Super speed is a bit on mild side... I think it's milder than rocket HD? at least that's what I feel like.

No cuts or weepers this time - blade performed great. I really do enjoy the nacets - and so far they seem to work a treat in any razors I have thrown at them.

I do notice a bit of a pattern - seems like more aggressive razors are bit more fussy with what blades they're loaded in, but in less aggressive razors, majority of the blades seem to work okay - just the efficiency can differ a bit, and sometimes smoothness.

Finished off with XXX aftershave, and followed up with last sampler of Bart's new scents - Specimen H. (damn, I feel like some mad scientist calling them balms specimens... so much fun!).
Glad you’re enjoying the brush Simon.

Back
Top Bottom