SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 13th April 2021

Shave Score 9.85/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: OSP - Dark Matter
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)
Post Shave ASL: Floid
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Have a good one all.

Joe

IMG_0857.jpeg

Tuesday 13th April
Vig Shaving Plissoft - Vitos Red Super - EndGem Speed 1• - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
lSrgbQr.jpg

Start of three EndGem shaves with the first of my EndGem Speed set, the mild 1dot.
Very pleased with the smooth result.

Last edited:
173356937_1010867406357624_2377398088536891043_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Omega 49
Razor: Ming Shi 2000S Futur Clone (2,4, 6)
Blade: Voskhod (2)

the day the earth stood still robot GIF by Turner Classic Movies

The return of Gort. Would he attack again, or had my realignment been successful?:alien::unsure:
I started on level 2, and it was clear that while there was some pickup, it was nowhere near enough. 4 was better, and 6 for a final pass has left a decent finish. Not as good as the Voskhod gives me through the Parker, but good enough to know that this razor is now functioning and will not leave me disfigured:oops: A refreshing, triple menthol hit for a crisp start to the day, and Gort now responds to my commands;)

Shut Down Sci-Fi GIF

Tue 13th April

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
MWF
PAL Injectomatic
NOS Schick Platinum-Holland [ 3 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

This Razor is regarded by some as rather harsh, but others liken it to a "Schick Buster". I think that other than my Canadian E2 this is my best Injector confined to the use of a single blade. Another great Shave with a trouble free close finish being attained.

IMG_1412.jpg

9A4049BD-6693-4171-9132-1FEC2E024A00.jpeg
Pre: bluebeards revenge preshave oil, hot towel to the face, proraso green preshave cream

Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo

Soap: frankensoap, Dalit sandalwood x vitos green

Razor: Rockwell 6s R4

Blade: Gillette winner platinum, MII #1

after not so amazing topaz blade yesterday - I have decided to take out yet another blade that I haven’t used yet - Gillette winner, MII. First shave with it and I must say I really like it. If I had to give it a rating right now , I’d put it right up there with Gillette 7o’clock blacks - which is probably my favourite blade so far.

3 passes for a DFS++ finish - as always some parts of the neck are being problematic where hair grows sideways .... one day I’ll find a way to obliterate them !

finished with generous splash of pinaud clubman followed with l’occitane asb. Very nice and refreshing shave!

View attachment 68106

Dumbo made using Harrygammi. The Lancashire art of paper crumpling
Mate - sorry, captain - you have an untapped potential for conceptual art - your piece - as I read it - is an astonishing postmodernist critique of tugging on the Mersey - a truly gestalt vision of making sure massive cargo boats don't crash into the docks? Let's call it - Suez Shit-Show? You crumple up the paper - I'll do the captions - the Turner prize awaits. :ROFLMAO: - I.

TUESDAY
PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: RazoRock Silver Hawk V2
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: WCS 26mm Synthetic BOSS Knot
SOAP: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver

RU085UJ.jpg

IMHO the $30 aluninum Hawk is one of the best bargains in the shaving world. It outshaves many of my stainless DEs costing more than five times as much. I also have two stainless steel Hawks, standard and OC. And yes, they are slightly more efficient than the aluminum version, at more than twice the price.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Treet Platinum #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

after not so amazing topaz blade yesterday - I have decided to take out yet another blade that I haven’t used yet - Gillette winner, MII.

The first shave with the Winner Black is good, but it gets better for the second shave and on. I rate it really highly.

13/4/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Wash
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Soap - Signature Soaps Capra
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Gillette Super Blue Vietnam (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

As expected the blade smoothed out for the second shave and it was a delightful shave paired with the Old Type. SS Capra produces a superb lather, great post shave feel as well. Finished the shave with Superdrug Sierra Breeze, a nice citrus scent.

Have a good day gents.

Back
Top Bottom