SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

12/04/2021

Razor: Carbon Shaving Cx Original
Blade: ASCO Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Yaqi 2B
Soap: Extro Barocco
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: LEA

IMG_20210412_153631.jpg

The Carbon still feels good in the hand and I love the aesthetics of it but I'm on the fence about the shave so far. I still have a fair amount of stubble remaining - this has happened with both the GSB and Asco. Whilst I appreciate that I'm still dialling in the razor, I've had cleaner shaves with similar blade feel razors.

Sotd- 12-04-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Kai - (4 - and still going - Feathers done right)
brush - Stirling - finest fan (you want proper gel tips for under £50? - look no further)
soap - Kent - hard tallow - stealth MWF - it goes in a huff if you don't use it enough. Hence the way it looks above in the tin
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos - Tobacco
balm - Alvarez Gomez Barberia - hidrante aftershave moisturiser - not cheap - but it does work on my skin - must be the goji berries?
scent - Gotas Frescas cologne.

Awesome - I'm going to run out of smooth superlatives quickly - ordinarily, I'd start with - smoother than a lightly buttered eel - but this shave was beyond that - smoother than a gently oiled otter? - getting there - an otter in Speedos - no - not smooth enough. Better - but not good enough - an otter's wallet or back pocket? Close - but - I think - an otter wearing an experimental one-piece graphene swim suit. Yes - that's it. Enjoy shaving - one and all - enjoy yourselves and - still - pay attention - I.

@Blademonkey

View attachment 68081

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Kai - (4 - and still going - Feathers done right)
brush - Stirling - finest fan (you want proper gel tips for under £50? - look no further)
soap - Kent - hard tallow - stealth MWF - it goes in a huff if you don't use it enough. Hence the way it looks above in the tin
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos - Tobacco
balm - Alvarez Gomez Barberia - hidrante aftershave moisturiser - not cheap - but it does work on my skin - must be the goji berries?
scent - Gotas Frescas cologne.

Awesome - I'm going to run out of smooth superlatives quickly - ordinarily, I'd start with - smoother than a lightly buttered eel - but this shave was beyond that - smoother than a gently oiled otter? - getting there - an otter in Speedos - no - not smooth enough. Better - but not good enough - an otter's wallet or back pocket? Close - but - I think - an otter wearing an experimental one-piece graphene swim suit. Yes - that's it. Enjoy shaving - one and all - enjoy yourselves and - still - pay attention - I.

@Blademonkey
I received some Origami similar to that when I purchased a mechanical pencil from Japan. Did you make that yourself or have you also been supporting the Japanese economy?

You've just made my day mate - thank you. In the vast girth of the t'interweb - I like to think that was the first time anyone has typed - origami albatross - evidently not. What about puffins or Manx Shearwaters? I.
I'll be honest, on this one I'm getting more of a depressed T-Rex vibe than a puffin;) And I am absolutely NOT going to sit up watching a plethora of origami bird/animal tutorials on a work night when in reality I can't even make a paper aeroplane that doesn't nosedive as soon as it's launched:ROFLMAO:

Monday 12th April

• Ach Brito Mogno
• Simpson Trafalgar T3
• DS Cosmetics T7
• GWS (1)
• Blue Stratos Aftershave

The T7 razor performed so much better with a GWS blade than with the Rapira. Smoother, sharper edge, hands down.
Mogno soap was slicker than a Texan puddle (slickest superlative for slickness ever!) @Digimonkey

Blue Stratos to finish in 70's style

Pre: Hot shower, proraso green preshave cream
Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Soap: Frankensoap Dalit Sandalwood x Vitos Green
Razor: Rockwell 6s R4
Blade: Topaz platinum #2

Soap performed very well - still gets the nice sandalwood scent however instead of being too foamy it finally goes into beautiful creamy consistency thanks to vitos green addition to it. Used ratios to make that soap as recommended by Paul @pjgh - Thank you!

Now onto the Blade - this is the culprit why I didn't enjoy the shave as much as I should have. First pass WTG went by fine - then second pass XTG was okay - I could tell already that this blade is too mild for already mild R4 plate. during second pass I usually do ATG on my neck - and this is where It started tugging quite badly. Persevered with it and stopped the shave at 2nd pass.

I'll have a clean up pass in the morning with different blade - and I'm more than fine with that, since I get to take in all those amazing scents again and enjoy the ritual all over.

Picked up a balm that was nearest to my hand and it turned out to be Bart's Lime balm - calmed down the skin nicely after all that tugging and moisturised it.

All in all shave was okay - as much blade wasn't particularly enjoyable, the ritual was very much so.

Lousy pic

Vintage Durham Duplex DuBarry razor
Personna Durham Duplex Pathology blade
Vintage Whiting Adams Boar brush
Vintage Williams shave soap
Captains Choice Venture aftershave

Awful shave! Felt like I was using Graham-Field med prep blades, the shave results were OK, but it felt like each hair was being ripped from it's socket.

100_2843.JPG

Tue 13th SE SOTD
Soap Stone Cottage - Musk
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather ProGuard 11th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Nice enough lather from the soap. Mid strength & pleasant. Easy to create a creamily slick lather...
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade is still smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues resulting in a bbs to dfs finish. Nice cooling aftershaves on this oven-hot day.
20210413_091240.jpg

SOTD : 13th April 2021.

79.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Face Lather.
Lather: OSP ~ Neroli Scented Shaving Soap.
Blade: Indian Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum. (D3)
Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./4711 ~ Eau De Cologne/ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

An incredibly good shave from the Baili super-speed clone, pairing up wonderfully with the Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum.... Every shave that i have had with it has been consistently good...The 7'0clock Super Platinum i find works really well with non-aggressive razors these blades are really sharp, almost 'Feather' but with a smooth edge. I personally find Feather blades to be over sharp which makes them feel rough...I prefer smoothness in a blade rather than sharpness, the 7'0clock Super Platinum has a good balance of both.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of 4711 ~ Eau De Cologne/ASL...The 4711 has a wonderful scent my only wish is it wasn't so short lived...You can't have everything though.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom