SOTD: Saturday 10 June - Friday 16 June 2023.

12/06/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Pearl Blaze / Ikon Bulldog
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon " Spicy"
Wk 24 (3).jpg
As smooth as silk from 2 passes and some pick ups.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 20230612.
r5tYwpH.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
Alexander Simpson "Lime Ultra-Glide" shaving cream.
Vintage 7 O'Clock NEW / Stork Ti "Falcon" handle.
Rapira Platinum Lux (1).
Alexander Simpson "Lime" ASB.
Great photo.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Tatara Nodachi OC (Nodachi top cap)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock – Yellow (1)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

With a positive exposure the large toothed base plate gives a very aggressive shave. Not one for me I'm afraid.
In fact I didn't complete the shave with that combo only one pass. To stay somewhat consisted I stepped it down to the masamune oc plate. You can see on a side by side comparison the difference between the two :oops:

To me shaving is about enjoyment and achieving a good result with maximum comfort. Nodachi oc does not give me that but I am grateful I got to try and have it as a reference point for future oc shaves.

That's the end of all 8 possible combos. I shall revisit some configurations I found to tick my boxes and will get it ready to ship to the next participant by the end of the week.

Tatarapassaround.jpg

Monday 12 June

Still working my way through some of my early relatively unused purchases of modern razors. Today the Mühle R106 SB. Nothing remarkable about it, except I tried a Rapira blade 4th use and it felt like I was dragging an old piece of tin across my delicate fizog. Sod this, change to a freebie blade I received with a past razor purchase, can’t remember which. However, with such a philosophical statement on the wrapper I thought why not?
Signature Condate sample puck still working well and my trusty old pewter, now with synthetic bush, sorry brush, did the lathering to my total satisfaction.
Then wtg and atg plus pick ups for an enjoyable bbs finish.
Have a great evening fellas!

IMG_0109.jpeg

Old Spice Homage Shave 5

Razor = 1966 Gillette Slim ( Birth Year ) ( 4 )
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac 400 With 24mm Boar
Soap = Cold Spices By PAA with matching splash
Balm = Nivea Original.

IMG_1237.jpeg
Another Homage to Old Spice & another brilliant 3 pass shave.
I say 3 passes but it was more 2 & pickups.
The Slim paired with the Gillette Blue was first class,
Again i say it
another razor i don’t use enough.
Setting 4 was a dream,
I was tempted by to take it right up but i completely forgot lol i was enjoying the shave to much.
Whether i can finish this homage remains to be seen as i’m offski on Friday for 2 months :cry:.
Now the drama begins
what to take.
Never Mind i won’t depress youse any longer
Enjoy the rest of the week & relax in this wonderful sunshine.
Scotland getting battered with storms this week apparently but so far the weather is first class.
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

Monday 12 June

Still working my way through some of my early relatively unused purchases of modern razors. Today the Mühle R106 SB. Nothing remarkable about it, except I tried a Rapira blade 4th use and it felt like I was dragging an old piece of tin across my delicate fizog. Sod this, change to a freebie blade I received with a past razor purchase, can’t remember which. However, with such a philosophical statement on the wrapper I thought why not?
Signature Condate sample puck still working well and my trusty old pewter, now with synthetic bush, sorry brush, did the lathering to my total satisfaction.
Then wtg and atg plus pick ups for an enjoyable bbs finish.
Have a great evening fellas!

View attachment 107322
Great S.O.T.D post, I enjoyed reading this.

Tech June-kies ...

Monday 12th June

AJFCJaVOR58hmx8WIx627mmtbTXA-7rpRUPw91fPMPAjPIZ5CkiA-0keCXt6Sfzpmaay0Y6e9iqTaZR93y_fwzoMEvIE2a9P7nIaChLvx-HKHTRdfAFzNCyTVFf2PUFRz2pZayqMjVKKjj10NwRM7IereEtwEQ=w800

T&H Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Razorock Hive Mokasoft Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Tech (1950s British) & Gillette London Bridge (1)
Sabri Tuncer Tobacco Cologne (as Aftershave)

By 'eck lads! It's certainly shorts weather!

My setup for the week and picking a 1950s Tech to pair with the very good Gillette London Bridge blade. T&H soap, which I really like and a quick scan of the ingredients reads very much like the new formula Mitchell's - wager it's the same base soap. Smashing shave! Super razor, the 1950s Tech.

By 'eck lads! It's absolutely Turkish Cologne weather!

20230612_184432.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Yaqi Aqua 24mm fan.
Soap Clean Bee Peppermint.
Razors Gillette English Flat Bottom Fat handle Tech.
Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
Nice cool shower to kick things off, then down to business.
The Peppermint once again produced a lovely thick creamy lather and very quickly I might add.
The Yaqi is definitely my favourite brush, I am trying to work out if it's the knot or the handle shape or even just the two combo's.
Hmmmm I will have to buy a similar brush/brushes to see just what it is I love about it or it could simply just be I love this brush.
The shave was nice but I just couldn't get a glass finish with this razor, I will keep trying in the next few days.
Have a great evening gents and enjoy the cracking weather

Back
Top Bottom