SOTD: Saturday 10 June - Friday 16 June 2023.

Sunday 11th June
Star 1912 - GEM Stainless Coated #10 - RazoRock Plissoft - Palmolive Stick - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230610-095048-01.jpg

SOTD 11-June
20230611_091534.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: SSC MITA
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Wizamet

Nice easy shave this morning, the slightly later shave yesterday meant there wasn't a ton to take down but habits are habits.

Had to dive on for the margarita, needed something to cool down with after the switch to being uncomfortably humid, on the plus side without the rain yesterday the braai was a success so I'll take the win.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Wonderful photo Iain.. it reminds me of a Gustav klimt painting.
Cheers - both - Klimt is a good spot. I also thought Paisley Pattern? Which is Persian/Indian/Kashmiri in origin - so that kind of makes sense? Iridescent lapis lazuli is bang on - shimmering in the light. Shame this fella is missing a tail feather. The problem with peacocks is that they are really noisy things - look great but - shut the fcuk up! :) - I.

@ekeko

Sat 11th June

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: PAA st martin signal ck6
Splash: PAA wow signal 2020
Balm: st martins land star jelly
Alum bloc
Bowl: Giles shaving co
Brush: PAA starcraft
Razor: Gillette Adjustable
Blade: Gillette nacet 1st use

Morning folks a great shave this morning went for the usual 3 pass shave this morning went full PAA and went for a mashup soap i went with st martin signal wich is a mashup of st martins land and the wow signal 2020 great scent on this kinda boozy with tabaco a nice masculine scent
Also the nacet paired with the fatboy is a great pairing very efficient and smooth shave
Have a great Sunday
20230611_103030.jpg20230611_103044.jpg20230611_103632.jpg20230611_103905.jpg

11 June

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Yaqi Dandelion
Mühle R101
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

EDF61F2E-28D5-4969-B772-F37A792F87CB.jpeg
The Yaqi brush with its cashmere knot created a mountain of rich lather with the Wickham soap, but, felt rather more synthetic than some of my other synthetics and not in a good way. Nevertheless, a very good lather and a very close two pass shave with the R101.

5kt3fxh.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Kent BLK8 Silvertip Badger
Cream: Fitjar Islands Fjellheim
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alpa Windsor Aftershave Lotion
Scent: APR Fougère Bourbon Rose EdP

Really nice cream. The Maker describes the scent thus: "As if you rolled in the juniper bushes on your way over the mountain."

20230611_101002.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Highlander Black brush (with gun metal great in parts) with a Boti 24mm fan.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat.
Razors Gillette English open comb Brass Ball End Old type.
Blade Gillette Silver Blue.

Continuing Tech June-kies 2023 new week new Tech.
I had a cracking shave and to top it off, it's lovely outside.
Enjoy the sun and BBQ's folks.

Last edited:
11/6/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Pamolive Menthol
Brush - ApShaveCo SynBad 22mm
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech (England) Aluminum baseplate and handle
Blade - Sharp Titanium (2)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Wars Protect

I've not used Palmolive Menthol in a while. A nice cooling lather for a hot humid and muggy day like day. Nice shave with the Sharp Titanium in my Aluminium Tech.

IMG_20230611_161044.jpg

Tech June-kies ...

Sunday 11th June

AJFCJaV0m74rVjc4bVk-Ol33mOcDkeZyqtgYvhFysfVtaCYcSihriFpFz0VGJue2qPyMV5M2PX8s5Z2e7EhkvrbSn8ZHmc-bj0d9fVTb7AVgEt0PPuGwfHVFO70fsPqR6vSdNU35p6o09z_7o-m5kj4AznrSJQ=w1200

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Veg) Shaving Soap & VieLong American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Tech British Bakelite No.00 Set H & Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (Laser Etched) (2)
Tabac Cologne (as Aftershave)

Loving the bakelite Tech, especially the way the angle is so easily identified by the slightly larger combed edges that form the angle to shave with ... kinda like the Personna Glydex, but not as rigidly pronounced. This could well be the best beginner Tech or even the best beginner razor!

Very nice. I'm getting very close shaves with this razor but still a few nicks. Each time seems to be a bit better than the last.

On such a hot day the Mediterranean Blue seemed a perfect fit.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Parker 55 Semi-Slant
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Myrsol Antesol
Lather: Grooming Department English Lavender
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/648611547561cd6e4045d5d0

Back
Top Bottom