SOTD: Saturday 10 February - Friday 16 February 2024.

Sunday 11th February

ABLVV875bcbOSR7NnbKubSWImN2gwG0jKvSMm6BZxPwodjHYTF-mpIpsVAyj0rzgSl_jpJxAappcMxH9IrXn_UxPMrfRy8pAR3Hma6_wO-xlOeQ7QVoRjf2rZ9W8cYco5rSFKBb2h6_g-_qDQao_G7XPf_-v6w=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

Wilkinson Sword Shaving Stick (Grated) & Yaqi Bali Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Treet Durasharp (4)
Avon Musk for Men (Vintage) Aftershave

For the Sticky fans amongst us, notice this one has a silver logo on the tip of the handle. Yesterday's had the blue tip. Side by side, I'm inclined to say that this silver tip has an ever so slightly more squat head and an ever so slightly more pronounced angle on the doors. Whether that translates into anything, I can't really tell ... both are just lovely! What we do know is that Wilkinson Sword paid a LOT of attention to what their staff said about their daily shaves and that must have been taken into account in their R&D. To me, the Sticky is a sorely under-rated razor.

Ruddy lovely set of shaves with the yellow pack Treet Durasharp, which I ran back to back with a new purchase blue pack. At the end of the blue pack shaves, I said that I don't think there's much in it. After shaves with the yellow pack, I am inclined to say there is a difference but it is not at all much - if anything, the age of the blades may make up that difference. To me, the yellow is smoother, the blue is sharper. I am very happy with the blues that I bought, so all is good!

Have a great week to come, gents! Happy shaves.

11/02/2024

Razor: Reggie's Razors Jupiter
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Highlander Tulip Tuxedo
Soap: MWF

View attachment 116936

The brush handle and razor both look the bees. I'm tempted to jump in on the passaround but, based on the other RR prices, I just know this would be expensive and I'm not sure I can justify yet another razor when I have so many that ... well, I can shave with. Pondering ...

Last edited:
SOTD Sunday 11 February 2024

Pre-shave:
Hot shower - cold tar soap - followed by cold water splash, Zing Organics 'Smoothie' Facial Serum + Beard Oil in Cannabis Flower with Cedarwood and Green Mandarin.
Soap: Proraso Green.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1).
Post: Cold water splash, Myrsol formulae 'K' and Tabula Rasa (Cool blue).

A quick shave this afternoon - only had time for a 1 pass shave with touch-ups, when planning ahead for that decided to go semi-slant with a very sharp yet smooth blade.

Joyous!

The Proraso as always lathered up in a jiffy, smooth protective layer added to face, squeezed out what was left in the brush, messaged that into the skin - great protective layer.

A wonderful 1 pass shave - the blade and razor sang throughout - wonderfully smooth and efficient.

Some touch-ups around the chin; generous dollop of Myrsol formulae 'K' - god that felt good on the skin; the Tabula Rasa was wonderful; my skin just soaked that up.

DFS+ shave with no issues to report.

Best shave in a while, not that the others have been bad - the stars aligned and shave heaven was the result!

All the best,

Chris

SOTD Sun 11 Feb 2024

By George, I think he’s got it, shave
81A8025E-F7AC-4782-9B30-1BEA857AA4D7.jpeg
Prep - shower
Bowl - glass
Soap - MWF (new formulation)
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Gillette 7o’clock Sharp Edge (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - Mastermind EDT

Refreshment - coffee (Hadaway Harry from Tynemouth Coffee, different roast each month, currently a Brazilian - although I have no recollection of shaving these or indeed any other beans…
…recently!)

Hallelujah, I finally got the fat properly lathered…
785DFCEC-CE94-4C68-A637-524C6A2D0DB5.jpeg
…look at that creamy stuff, stick a raspberry on top and I could have had it for pudding!
Acting on advice from two of this forum’s sages (many thanks to Mr @pjgh and Mr @McShaver ) I used very little water but loads of soap and took my time, and suddenly, it exploded into this thick (yes, yoghurt like) lather which stayed like that for ages. So I had a great, leisurely 3 pass shave (managed to nick my Adam’s apple but that was because I was so chuffed the little Merkur was being waved about like a miniature lightsabre!) Great after shave face feel too!
Ahh yes, lathering the Woolfat, it’s easy when you know how (expert me, now!)

7EF9DACC-8517-4F14-82F1-E18F19D55713.jpeg
Can you smell sheep?
No, don’t be daft, no sheep round here.
But I’m sure I can smell wool!
Nah, nothing, go back to sleep!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom