Sun 10th SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk BayRum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Euromax Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Clubman Whisky Woods
Colonel Conk Soap is an unexpected and surprisingly good lather and slick too. The brush is excellent for face lather. Slowly adding water & working the bristles results in a satisfying lather. Scent was mild though sweet in taste.
Shave with razor and blade was a good combo. Comfortable passes and easy to find angles.
This razor is really underrated. Solid in hand, feel good in face, mid aggression & easy to manoeuvre.
Anyway, nice enough shave, 3 multiple pass with a small buffing on neck and able to get between BBS to DFS result. Some irritation though so rating today is 9/10
20200510_104419.jpg
20200510_110430.jpg

Sunday

The Fat
PAA Atomic Rocket
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon OSS handle
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (1)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine American Blend after shave

Ye Fat delivered today. If water hardness is a lathering issue for this soap, then we're blessed with very soft water up here. Plenty of rich, slick lather to deal with the R41 head.

The Supermax felt a bit rough, compared to my recent blades (GSB, GWS, Med Prep and so on). It might take another shave or two to smooth out. That said, wrapping was good; paper and an inner wrapping that looked like waxed paper. No glue either (Feather, please note!). Still, a nice smooth result.
View attachment 54348
They take a shave to smooth out Stephen. The first shave with the BDT is usually rough but the reward is some lovely shaves that follow.

Sunday Shave :

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Brush: RR4000 - 24 mm Synthetic
Razor: Karve Aluminiun D Plate SB
Blade: Feather
Soap: Mdc Fougere
Splash: Skin Bracer
Balm: Bart's Lavender Oil Balm
EDT: Body Shop Activist

The Aluminium Karve and feather combination delivered a lovely close shave , the lighter Karve is very Nimble and as with the Brass version delivers a very smooth and comfortable shave.

20200510_002601 (1) 2.jpg

Sunday

The Fat
MÜHLE R41 on iKon OSS handle

Ye Fat delivered today. If water hardness is a lathering issue for this soap, then we're blessed with very soft water up here. Plenty of rich, slick lather to deal with the R41 head.
I've been considering getting MWF and the R41 head. MWF seems to be one of those soaps you should try before you die. Would you recommend them?

___________________________________​

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Trumpers best badger.
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (7)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

A fine shave this morning. I don't seem to be able to get enough product on my brush to build a lather, so I rub in the puck on my face like you would a shave stick. Seems to work. I only have a few brushes and they were brought really to use with creams. I may have to purchase a stiffer brush. I notice more guys on here use soaps to creams, I think I should consider using soaps more to be considered a true professional shaver.
Good day to you all.

IMG_7602.jpg

10/5/20

Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Permasharp SS (1)
Brush - Yaqi 22mm Plissoft
Soap - Mr Vicco
Post - Benjamin's Bay Rum

Is Mr Vicco a real man or just some random Indian guy they used to model (a beautiful man with a beautiful moustache) on the side of the box? I'd like to consider Mr Vicco like the Doctor Who of Indian Shaving creams, he is immortal but will be resurrected into new bodies.

Even though it's my first shave for about a week it wasn't a huge shave for me, I'm growing a beard but shaved my cheekbones and under the jaw. Isn't growing a beard frowned upon in this great forum? I imagine it is, but right now in these seemingly endless lockdown growing a beard might count as some kind of achievement.

Anyway chaps, have a good Sunday.

I've been considering getting MWF and the R41 head. MWF seems to be one of those soaps you should try before you die. Would you recommend them?

___________________________________​

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Trumpers best badger.
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (7)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

A fine shave this morning. I don't seem to be able to get enough product on my brush to build a lather, so I rub in the puck on my face like you would a shave stick. Seems to work. I only have a few brushes and they were brought really to use with creams. I may have to purchase a stiffer brush. I notice more guys on here use soaps to creams, I think I should consider using soaps more to be considered a true professional shaver.
Good day to you all.

View attachment 54352
It's difficult to make recommendations as to soaps and hardware. We all have different skin types and tolerances. The Fat has attained an almost mythical status in shaving land. It also divides us: some find it easy to lather; some less so. Does it deserve this legendary status? Well...I like it, but for me it's not the Holy Grail. Yes, it's good; but it doesn't match the artisan soaps in my collection: OSP, Phoenix and Beau and Signature, for instance. In terms of mass produced soaps, I prefer Tabac and La Toja. You may differ, however.

The MÜHLE R41 is allegedly an ‘aggressive' razor. Again, it's achieved a cult standing. I don't believe (based on my reading) that it is as potentially angry as folk claim. Some of the iKon models appear to be somewhat lethal, for example. Apparently, the pre-2013 R41 was very assertive; hence its re-working.

I find my R41 pairing with the steel handle a fine combination; giving close shaves with common sense safety used.

Do I recommend them? I'd recommend getting a sample of MFW from Shavedash to try. The R41? For me, it's great. It's not a Merkur 34 though, believe me.

Last edited:
Sun 10th May.

RazoRock 400. SE-Plissoft noir
P & B Pall Mall
Occam-Hiram Commander / Plate3
Feather Proguard [ 9 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion.

I failed yesterday because of my lack of concentration, to get the Shave anticipated from the Hiram. Today, I made up for my inattention and ensured that I did not neglect the Shave around the neck. My assumption that the blade had more life in it was proved correct, as with a good lather the Shave was smooth and comfortable, and the finish right up there.
Though Shaves of late with the Enoch have been good, that today with The Hiram ranks with the best that I get from the likes of the ATT SE1, and my cheeks some 7hours on are quite smooth instead of being a bit prickly.

IMG_0732.jpg

Apparently, the pre-2013 R41 was very assertive; hence its re-working.

Do I recommend them? I'd recommend getting a sample of MFW from Shavedash to try. The R41? For me, it's great. It's not a Merkur 34 though, believe me.
Thanks for that info. I never knew what the difference was between the two reworked heads. Also, thanks for recommending Shavedash, never heard of them until now. A great resource to try stuff out.

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 Boar
Soap: Asylum Colonia
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Kai Stainless
AS: Floid blue
AS: Asylum Colonia

SOTD-20200510.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Sunday AM 2020-05-10
Mother's Day
kUzIvJU.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli shaving soap
Paradigm Titanium II
Schick Super Chromium (4)
RazoRock XXX aftershave

Great lather and orange grove fragrance on a warm morning, with the blade right at its sweet spot in an excellent razor. Temperatures headed to the 80s later, and Baroque music on the radio, with a Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Acqua chaser. It doesn't get much better.
ojz1XiO.jpg

A sleepy Sunday, was looking forward to this shave. A warm shower followed by,

Pre................Nuage shave serum
Soap.............Red proraso
Brush............Chubby 2 synthetic
Bowl ............3d printed.
Razor............Ikon b1/ ss windrose k2 handle
Blade.............GSB (1)
Post .............cold water rinse, alum block
Asb................Nivea sensitive
Asl.................Dior Sauvage..

A nice relaxed shave, totally satisfied