SOTD : Saturday 06th March to Friday 12th March 2021

Wed 10th SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Black Cherry New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather ProGuard 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Bvlgari AS Balm & Bvlgari EDT
The soap lather quality and performance are outstanding. Creamily thick and slick with a pleasant scent. Unsure if the scent is cherry but almost almond-like...
Shave with the AC razor paired with the blade was still silky smooth, very comfortable, and nicely efficient after 3passes. Effortless bbs results without any issues. Really enjoying this easy smooth and efficient type of shaving...
20210309_235817.jpg
20210310_080707.jpg

With the theme being 'Hairy Potter and the Half blade Prince' I present you with today's SOTD

View attachment 66114

Severing Snape - Rocnel SE-50
The <45% Prince - Dorco Prime
Harry in a Pot - Penhaligon's Bayolea
Neville Longbrush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Luna Smellgood - Penhaligon's Bayolea aftershave

'Fuck that' said Harry after taking one look at Hagrid with his massively overgrown beard and unkempt disheveled appearance, 'Perhaps this Voldemort chap isn't so bad after all and at least it appears he knows a good razor'. And so does his mate Satanfriendly. Whether or not the Rocnel SE-50 could be labeled 'good' is another question. More swayed towards 'evil' than 'good'

And it is indeed. But even evil can be tamed. Just ask the missus. And perhaps more importantly from a shaving aspect, so can the Rocnel

The more time I spend this with this potential killing tool the more I am getting the measure of it. The unusually steep shaving angle is becoming second nature and the muscle memory is starting to set in. It is a shame that my muscles tend to remember jack shit when I am pissed out of my brain and I take on the persona of a 6ft 2" bendy toy. But that is for The Drinking Room', the drinkers forum where the SOTD (Stagger Of The Day) reports are a jumble of letters hammered together in a fit of alcoholic stupor meets computer keyboard. Not here though.

To be absolutely honest I am really starting to appreciate this razor and its abilities, even if it does, against my better nature, use half (<45%) of a DE blade which is utterly against my religion. But the results are staggering (not through drink - see previous paragraph) and other than the Ikon B1 I can't think of any other razor which delivers such a damn close shave. It takes practice, nerves and blood shedding to get there, but well worth the journey. Or to be more exact a stroll through a minefield.

I really do love this beast, even with some Dorco blade I wouldn't usually bother to entertain on those rare DE days. What a razor and finished to perfection with skin to spare. In the Rocnel the Dorco Prime is working an absolute treat, Three shaves and it is dead, but I still have the other half to use yet. Happy days. All three of them when they arrive.

It was nice to reach for the Penhaligon's Bayolea and the wonderful @Steven_Jagger creation. I can hear the brush singing to the Bayolea the words from that great Kiss song 'I was made for loving you'. And it was. A sterling showing from team 'Face lather'

One brilliant shave and highly delighted from every angle.

'He asked you to shave what? Please do use mine to cool your blush away'

And to end it all a new find so someone new to play you out of yet another painful SOTD from me. Enjoy 'Ark Royal' and I am not talking a bloody great big aircraft carrier here. I am talking Japanese ladies doing their heavy metal stuff

Special offer. And for this week only I am giving a 'Love' out to every SOTD with a photo.

Very nice shave indeed! Is that a shot of you 'Slytherin' down the wall??

159089228_1170172606755459_1283480289646854805_n (1).jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: None
Soap: Signature Soaps Leodis (from sample box)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Gillette Super Slim Twist 1974
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (2)

Final day on the Signature Soaps before they're resealed ready to be sent on - anyone who's interested please get in touch (y)
I think the Leodis is my favourite in the box. Hibernia and Caledonia are nice scents, and maybe if I was testing this box in July my thoughts might be different. But the Leodis is different to anything I've used previously. All give the same quality lather and it's been a very pleasant few shaves.
The Dorco performed well through the Gillette - not as well as with the Parker, but that may be as much my fault as I'm really getting in well with the 22R. I think the weight suits me.
Happy Hump Day everyone

Today I used setting 7 for the face, still a very smooth shave only noticed that you have to be careful with the earlobe, got a very small cut there, is because the opening is getting quite big now and then the angle of the blade can get stuck behind the earlobe, a bit like you can be surprised when using an open razor with a spike tip for the first time

Rocnel Sailor 2020 with fresh Feather blade (face)
Blackland Vector Machined with Super pro blade (12x, head)
Shavemac Elforyn 22mm Silvertip D01 Badger Fan
Mama Bear Kalahari Melon shaving stick
Aramis Classic aftershave

IMG_3762.jpeg

WEDNESDAY ‌03/10/21 SOTD

6D26qOU.jpg

Blackland Dart / Personna
Yaqi‌ ‌Moka‌ ‌Express‌ ‌26mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger
Pre‌ ‌de‌ ‌Provence‌ ‌No.‌ ‌63‌ Shaving Soap
Prospectors Classic Aftershave Splash

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ The Full Measure of Man (sample)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #12 .... finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Wednesday's shave

P&B Star Noir soap & splash
Simpson Colonel
Rex Ambassador (4)
Gillette Silver Blue

I haven't used the Ambassador for a while, so I turned it up to 4 for a very close BBS shave. The soap Performance was excellent too.

View attachment 66122

Love the photo

If I could give you two 'loves' I would but take these in compliment :love::love:

Back
Top Bottom