SOTD : Saturday 06th March to Friday 12th March 2021

159327091_913218622825941_8288510115496283594_n.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Pinaud shave oil
Soap: D R Harris Rose (from Newbie Box)
Brush: Omega 49
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (3)

Time to delve into the Newbie box's treasures, and what a place to start. One of the biggest surprises for me is that I love the floral, sweet-scented soaps (except for patchouli :sick::giggle:) I expected to be drawn to woody, smoky scents, but no - rose and the like is where it's at. Loved the feel of this, and the Parker/Dorco combo delivered again. No ASL used to let the rose scent permeate.
Three and out on the blade, and I'll see what lies within the blade box that looks tempting :love:

Last edited:

SOTD : 11th March 2021.

View attachment 66172

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Asco Super Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL.

Greetings,

The last few days i have been in contact with HR and our union rep due to at the start of the week Greensill our major provider of finance to Liberty Steel have appoint administrators putting 5,000 jobs across the UK at risk at Liberty Steel plants....If the inevitable happens, which i personally think it will, then i will find another job.

While i have been on furlough i have been looking into other forms of employment i won't just sit around and let the grass grow under my feet.

Back to the shave....
Last outing of the Asco Super Stainless blade which has performed adequately with each shave.. However, today i thought the blade would have started to lose it's smoothness, but to my surprise it didn't.

Over the past few months i have been pushing my blades to the max, as before that regardless of the blade manufacturer or origin i used it for two shaves then it was binned...Each time i use Williams my love for it grows...I'll be honest and and say i bought it purely for it's classic vintage cover and like Arko I don’t mind the scent ( which some people don't ) to me both have a clean lemon soap scent it creates an acceptable slick smooth lather, which an dissipate from time to time if you don't get the mix right, but overall it does the job.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

So sorry to hear about your employment status. I hope things work out kind for you and better things around the corner.

Hi and thanks for asking. I am not so sure if it's rose-scented but to me smells very classy and kinda uplifting citrusy. I have the Rose Thayers witch-hazel and both are not similar. I found these 2 in some old airline gift packs. Hope this can be of help...
Love to see you enjoying your straight razor shaves...I wanted to but am too far from shave-ready straight razors... :LOL:
Thank you that will be why I couldn’t find anything on it..it was the rose Thayers that made me question if the Bvlgari was rose scented too, will keep my eyes peeled have almost considered buying loccitane’s rose scented edt but it’s for women think it may be too sweet to pull off. Czech and speake no. 88 is on the cards me thinks...absolutely loving the straights you should give them a go it takes patience and some dedication but it’s certainly worth it and rewards you greatly

View attachment 66172

Pre:
Face Lather.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL.

Greetings,

The last few days i have been in contact with HR and our union rep due to at the start of the week Greensill our major provider of finance to Liberty Steel have appoint administrators putting 5,000 jobs across the UK at risk at Liberty Steel plants....If the inevitable happens, which i personally think it will, then i will find another job.

While i have been on furlough i have been looking into other forms of employment i won't just sit around and let the grass grow under my feet.

Back to the shave....
Last outing of the Asco Super Stainless blade which has performed adequately with each shave.. However, today i thought the blade would have started to lose it's smoothness, but to my surprise it didn't.

Over the past few months i have been pushing my blades to the max, as before that regardless of the blade manufacturer or origin i used it for two shaves then it was binned...Each time i use Williams my love for it grows...I'll be honest and and say i bought it purely for it's classic vintage cover and like Arko I don’t mind the scent ( which some people don't ) to me both have a clean lemon soap scent it creates an acceptable slick smooth lather, which an dissipate from time to time if you don't get the mix right, but overall it does the job.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL

Something bigger and better is just around the corner, Barry !

Thursday 11th March
Zenith 507 - LEA Stick original tallow version - GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - LEA Classic A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
ieRlaXd.jpg

View attachment 66172

Pre:
Face Lather.

Greetings,

Back to the shave....

Sorry to here about your Job troubles Barry. On to brighter days !

Late Friday night shave
Prep: shower followed by Proraso pre shave cream
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate R4
Blade: Tatra
Brush: Semagogue HD babger
Soap: Signature Soap Hibernia ( birthday present)
ASB: Proraso
3 pass shave - the soap was v good indeed -sutble orange scent with lime /lavender . Mostly stubble free 10 hours later:)
Hope you enjoyed it Pete. Hope to see you at Sale Makers Market April!

11 March

Signature Soaps Danum
Blackland Signature
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Danum asl

B741C29A-5CF7-45DE-A0E4-2DEC556CD848.jpeg

A wonderful shave this morning. My first use of the Signature Soaps soaps. The Danum was my blind pick, as I was not familiar with the scent of patchouli. I’m not sure about the scent yet, but the performance of this soap is second to none, even in my hard water. I used the sample of Danum after shave lotion that Brian had kindly included with my soaps, and it was very nice too. The patchouli scent was stronger in the aftershave, I think it’s a fresh, earthy scent, but my nose hasn’t been all that since Covid so don’t quote me.

Thursday

Phoenix and Beau Star Noir
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Gillette Nacet (2)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Phoenix and Beau Star Noir splash

Very enjoyable 3 passes. I like my slant razor and am intrigued as to others; i.e. RazoRock, Fatip and (especially) a vintage Hoffritz. But, I do wonder if there’s much difference between them all. RazoRock and Fatip have attracted slight criticism about quality; finish and, worryingly, a tendency towards cross threading. Any observations would be welcome.

13550A5D-3959-456F-A442-CCEADE2D138A.jpeg

Thursday

Phoenix and Beau Star Noir
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Gillette Nacet (2)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Phoenix and Beau Star Noir splash

Very enjoyable 3 passes. I like my slant razor and am intrigued as to others; i.e. RazoRock, Fatip and (especially) a vintage Hoffritz. But, I do wonder if there’s much difference between them all. RazoRock and Fatip have attracted slight criticism about quality; finish and, worryingly, a tendency towards cross threading. Any observations would be welcome.

View attachment 66180
ATT S1 is another slant that's worth a try

View attachment 66172

Pre:
Face Lather.

Greetings,

Back to the shave....

Hope something good crops up ASAP

Back
Top Bottom