GEM micromatic
GEM Blade
TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream
Kent BK12
Geo.F.Trumper Sandalwood SkinFood to finish

Results Very close shave :)

Re: RE: SOTD Sat 5th-Fri 9th Jan

barlines said:
Its nice to see the good Dr (Rick) breaking out more of his shaving gear again, that must mean the house renovations are going well or you've finally found the box they were in :)

The time has come to populate the shelf I set aside in the study/library:

[attachment=6323]

I may possibly have more straights and brushes than strictly necessary. And too many McCaffrey and Niven books, come to that - I seem to have neatly found the uncoolest point in the alphabetised fiction section to put them.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357484594809.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357484594809.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 23
Sunday 01-06-13. MUSIC: David Bowie_LP Aladdin Sane (1973).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qwabl180_I[/video]

Afeitado_2013-01-06-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rodney Neep extra silvertip - Merkur Progress - Astra #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Geo F. Trumpers Coconut - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Floïd - Loción aftershave Aubery Organics City Rhythms..

sunday

white proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
MdC
EJ Bull mastiff + GST (2)
Thayers superhazel
White proraso ASB

result: 2 passes, very smooth, should have stopped there. Went for a 3rd pass, got BBS all over, but some irritation on neck, was left feeling a bit sore.

2 passes and touch ups is all I need to be BBS ( almost all over!). Will I ever learn!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old Savile Row badger
Kirby Beard/Iridium
RL Safari SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

Last time for the Kirby. Today's shave was even better than yesterday, which was pretty darn good. A little too much of a razor for daily use, but very fun to have in the arsenal.

I swear, this old soap is rapidly becoming a real favorite of mine. Much softer puck than a triple mill, which makes loading the brush a snap. Kinda like the texture of an Old Spice puck, if that helps. The Safari fragrance seems to be somewhat addicting.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday Morning

Sticking with this 7 o'clock New razor for a while, starting to question why I bought so many iKons and Webers as this is a fantastic shaver :icon_rolleyes:

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: TOBS Eton College
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Razor: 7 o'clock New with UFO 2 handle
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated (1)
A/S: TOBS Eton College
Cologne: TOBS Eton College

First shave with this blade and I'm mightily impressed, feels nice and sharp, very little drag and no nicks. A nice BBS for me today.

IMG_0177_zps7a9d0001.jpg

Lose the beard said:
Sunday Morning

Sticking with this 7 o'clock New razor for a while, starting to question why I bought so many iKons and Webers as this is a fantastic shaver :icon_rolleyes:

Prep: Hot Shower
Cream: TOBS Eton College
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Razor: 7 o'clock New with UFO 2 handle
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated (1)
A/S: TOBS Eton College
Cologne: TOBS Eton College

First shave with this blade and I'm mightily impressed, feels nice and sharp, very little drag and no nicks. A nice BBS for me today.

IMG_0177_zps7a9d0001.jpg

Why would you question such things?! A man has to spend his money on something, according to my future wife it should be on a wedding.... We shall see!

T & H Pre Shave Oil & Hot Towel
Simpsons Luxury Shave Cream
Rod Neep Resin & Burlwood Silver Tip
Joseph Rogers & Sons 15/16
TOBS Mr Taylors After Shave

After my swim I changed to Castle Forbes 1445 ASB

Mrs & Kids in Brighton this weekend, so a lovely quiet, relaxed shave:)

Scent from Heaven Aramis style shaving soap
New Standard with Gillette Super Blue
Edwin Jagger boar
Vitos

About a day and a half of stubble so needed a no nonsense razor and blade. After one pass I had DFS and two passes got me a partial BBS. Some heat on the face as I must have added a little pressure. Three micro-nicks too but pretty good. I do like this razor and reckon I've nearly mastered it.

Sunday 6th January

Hot shower and Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre/Post cream
Revisor 6/8 razor in Horn
Semogue SOC 2012SE Badger/Boar
Vitos Green Soap
Lucky Tiger AS/Toner
Organic Shea Butter
James Bronnley Gentlemans EDT
Brylcreem Original
Fat Jacks Tash Wax

Probably the best shaving razors I have are my Revisors Todays shave was just soooooooo good.

NotTheStig said:
Scent from Heaven Aramis style shaving soap
New Standard with Gillette Super Blue
Edwin Jagger boar
Vitos

About a day and a half of stubble so needed a no nonsense razor and blade. After one pass I had DFS and two passes got me a partial BBS. Some heat on the face as I must have added a little pressure. Three micro-nicks too but pretty good. I do like this razor and reckon I've nearly mastered it.

Looking forward to a 2nd outing with my New Standard. Definitely some burn last time for me. I think I need to concentrate on my angle better this next time.

Hot towel prep
EJ 89
Personna med prep
Wilkinson sword bowl
Old spice original
A lovely close shave. I've not used the med preps for a few months, forgot how good they are and the old spice :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom