SOTD Sat 30th Mar - Fri 5th Apr 2013

Today's Shave

sotd303132.jpg

sotd30313.jpg

Couldn't decide which Photo out of the two to use, so have both :)

GEM G Bar (NOS)
GEM Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Arabian Nights, Bowl lathered
Ben Sherman up shirt creek

Results BSS WTG

Interesting Razor from the GEM camp, a solid feel to the razor, but not as aggressive
as the Micromatic. I did get a few weepers But That's my Bad for not concentrating :blush:

Lazy Saturday Shave:

To the accompaniment of Planet Rock.

Weber DLC with Gillette Super Thin (2)

Cella soap lathered with NF brush. I still struggle with the Cella, in fact I think I'll move it on as there are too many other fine soaps and creams to try.

Fine three pass shave once I got some lather from the Cella. FInished off with a splash of Barbershop Bay Rum (the one true rum!)

Nice Shave!

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
New Forest 1901, Speick stick
Atlas R1, Rapira SS (2)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

Feeling a bit under the weather... so shouldn't have gone near a sharp blade really. Took my eye off the ball and got a few nicks. All fine and dandy now, though... close and smooth

Gingerpose said:
Lazy Saturday Shave:

To the accompaniment of Planet Rock.

Weber DLC with Gillette Super Thin (2)

Cella soap lathered with NF brush. I still struggle with the Cella, in fact I think I'll move it on as there are too many other fine soaps and creams to try.

Fine three pass shave once I got some lather from the Cella. FInished off with a splash of Barbershop Bay Rum (the one true rum!)

Nice Shave!

cant believe you struggle with the cella as its one of the easiest lathering soaps I have used, are you in a very hard water area?

daz

Prep: Ted Baker Pre Shave Wash & 3P cream
Soap: NSS Cedarwood & Bergamot
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar
Razor: Red Tip Gillette
Blade: Lord Cool (2)
Hot & Cold Water Splash
Witch Hazel
Some Balm from my Barbers - Laber Creamol Black

I was a little fearful of using the Lord a second time after the rough time I had with it last time, nice and smooth this time though. Can't work out if the lather was a bit dry last time around or this blade needs some sacrificial blood before it smooths out.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: English NEW LC with Weber Bulldog Handle
Blade: Tiger Superior Stainless #1
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap: Proraso Menthol
Aftershave: Proraso Splash

A nice 2 pass cold water face lather shave

Still going through my untested blades, these were sharp and smooth enough, but nothing jumping out to make me buy more of them.

After this cold water menthol freeze shave, i was tempted to use my Aqua Velva splash instead of proraso, but i think i'll save that until we get to the summer (if we do this year!)

Erasmic cream (old formula)
Vulfix Bodger
#11H service set New, Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack
Barbershop Bay Rum
RSC balm

Not great. 4th shave with this blade and it was 1 too many. Bit nicky and sore. Would've changed it after 3 shaves usually but I was in a rush to go out for dinner and didn't bother, which was kind've daft. Dinner was pleasant enough anyway.

Good morning friends! :)
Happy Easter Everyone!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 26mm Thäter LE (SRP 2011), 2-band, Silvertip Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Mama Bear's Polynesian Red Glycerin Shave Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" Frederick Reynolds, Shoulderless, w/barber's notch
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Geo. F. Trumper West Indian Extract of Limes Skin Food
RESULT: Great shave, BBS

SOTD_FREYNOLDS_B_zpsa84bf0bf.jpg

Have a nice week,
Béla​

dodgy said:
... The Gentlemens Quarter 'Leatherneck' extrait (extinct)

One of those razor/ blade and soap trios that I could easily use every day and be happy with just that set up. All some of my favorite rotation things that are left from culling the herd over the years. Heck of a nice shave. Plus, I don't even smell too awful.

BBS results,

Martin

Are you sure about that? Just asking, heard of red necks and so, but never leathernecks ... Are those/you guys old mountain people (they seem so happy when you see them on TV and film, I kind of envy you, Martini, such a joy full and care free life)?

Apparently some rich mountain people has gone lost too:
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/hzoN2MFkCXI[/video]

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 3
Razor: TI LE (limited edition :)) + Micromatic for head
Soap: Cade
As: Proraso
Edt: Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

I've got a hat/love relations with this razor, love how it shaves but have a hard time to find a warm place in my heart for contemporary TIs.
0021024x586_zps7c500276.jpg

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash, Cold Water
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Razor: Polished Weber/Bulldog
Blade: Super Iridium (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber WH, Clinique Post-Shave Healer, Clinique M Lotion
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Quick 2-pass shave today as must start peeling veggies for someone who shall remain nameless...

Greetings

Easter Sunday 31st March 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM 1912 Baton Handle
Blade: Treet Carbon and GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Body Shop Maca Root Balm

I got off to a bad start with this shave having commenced with a Treet blade on it's third shave; it quickly became obvious after half a pass that the Treet blade was finished and I could not continue with it. This confirms what I had suspected that these blades dull very quickly and are (for me at least) a two shave blade.

I finished off with a GEM Blue Star carbon blade and ended up with a superb shave.

I do not think that that the Treet and the GEM Blue star are the same blade but I do accept that many SE users with a lot more experience than me think they probably are.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04115.JPG

Prep Face Wash L'Occitane Verbena
Razor Dubl Duck Goldedge 6/8
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Simpsons M7 LE Finest Silvertip
Cella Crema De Barba
Alum & Witch Hazel
Una Brennan Neroli Moisturiser
Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau De Parfum

Jamie

A great shave very smooth finish from the Dubl Duck.

FotoFlexer_Photo_zps20862e04.jpg

Back
Top Bottom