SOTD sat 29th/fri 4th

RjzKljDh.png

Bleh. Happy Monday, everyone!

008-71751982-82cd-4a6e-909b-e60778931583.jpg

© Floid_Maniac

For me the Gillette Silver Blue is not that sharp as the Polsilver Super Iridium but smoother at the first use. After two passes I am well shaved but I had to go several times over some areas on my neck to get a stubble free feeling. Therefore the alum left some little burning. In the end no cut, no bleeding and after a generous splash of La Toja aftershave my skin feels and looks good. I will try tomorrow a second shave but with three passes.

This Monday`s morning shave was accompanied by some jazz manouche.

Last edited:
Greetings

Monday 31st July 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ninfa
Blade: Filarmonica
Brush: Vulfix / L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Blue's
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Chanel No. 19

My second shave with the Ninfa and I adjusted the blade a little further forward increasing the aggression a bit more, the result a really super close shave with no loss of comfort, I really like this little razor it is delicate and Ninfa (Nymph) sums it up very well especially these thinly ground delicate blades.

I have never owned or shaved with a Filarmonica straight razor but if the blades are ground like these I can see why they are so well liked.

Regards
Dick.

31.7.17.JPG

Early shave at the weekends, must be a military thing where if Indont have to I don't

Prep: warm water splash
Soap: Cella
Brush: Simpsons Chubby synthetic
Razor: Mach 3 (1)
Hair: Denmans Eau de portugal

The Cella has quickly become my go to again, the fire fighter balm is excellent and after a good shake the lavender isn't as overpowering as before and my skin feels excellent.

Getting an itch for a second brush, I'm thinking about the Fine Stout Synthetic from shave lounge.

Well as long as you are lucky enough to try most of your razors before you buy then why not! :)

Very true Paul. I've been very fortunate a number of members have trusted me with the treasured razors. It's saved me a boat load of cash and I'm extremely grateful to each and every one of them for showing their trust me.

Saying that @wayne mattison did threaten me with punishment of death:eek: if I lost his Mongoose….which is fair enough.:D

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Maseto 24mn ST
Cream: Vulfix Sicilian Lime
Razor: Windrose OC Slant
Blade: Astra SP
Afters: La Toja Balsamo
I went without a shave yesterday to see how this razor coped with two days growth. It lived up to my expectations, very mild and very efficient.
Last time, on one days growth, I didn't think the razor was doing anything and was tempted to apply some pressure, luckily I didn't. This time there was a bit of audio feedback, so I heard rather than felt it doing its job and it left me smoother than a Polish masseuse's hot pebble.
IMG_20170731_094318.jpg
@Digimonkey was he wearing one of these?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leatherjacket_fish

Back
Top Bottom