ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353837898.235741.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 21
Gillette Aristocrat Junior
Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
New Forest 2213 silvertip
Nanny's Arabian Twilight
Proraso Lozione dopobarbo
Penhaligon's LP No. 9

I'm falling in love with this razor! It's small but well-weighted, gives good feedback, and shaves closely without scraping off your top layer of skin. My one annoyance with the shave is that my brush keeps losing hair every shave (11 this time) which is an annoyance. I might have to relegate it to gentle cream lathering duties at this rate.

Proraso pre/post white
Blightys Hyperion soap
Tubby 2
Weber bulldog with stahly head (from Martin's passaround)
7 o'clock yellow (1)
Alum
Blightys Punchinello

First time using the stahly and it wasn't as mild as I thought. Got a nice smooth shave but got a couple of nicks as I think I put a bit more pressure thinking it was going to require it. Try it again tomorrow.

NNathwani said:
Weber bulldog with stahly head (from Martin's passaround)
7 o'clock yellow (1)

First time using the stahly and it wasn't as mild as I thought. Got a nice smooth shave but got a couple of nicks as I think I put a bit more pressure thinking it was going to require it. Try it again tomorrow.

That's a good blade to load. I'm thinking the nice heavy Weber handle will give the Stahly a little more bite, which isn't a bad thing in this case. You're right about getting the angle/pressure thingy down and it maybe taking a time or two.

Oh yeah, make sure the blade's been lined up evenly when loading.

Arko stick
Vulfix Bodger
EJDE89L, Polsilver Super Iridium, Gillette 7 O'C Yellow
RSC balm

Having had 3 excellent shaves, and a decent 4th shave with the Polsilver tried a 5th on the basis on their reputation for better longevity than most blades. Should've taken notice of the blade starting to tail off a bit on the 4th shave - rough and struggling ATG. So changed to a Yellow to finish off. 2 or 3 weepers and a touch of redness here and there from pushing the blade too far. It's rarely worth my while diverging from my rule of thumb of sticking to 3 shaves/blade max.

Prep - Hot Towel, Palmolive S/S
Razor - Weber ARC
Blade - Astra S/P
Brush - GOSH Heritage
Soap - Vitos Extra Super
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ Tabac

Another fantastic shave... Vitos is another great shaving soap that suits my skin....;)

Sunday, 25.xi.2012

Predopobarba Proraso
Omega #48
Proraso aloe
Merkur 43C
Croma Diamant
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Proraso Crema Liquida

P1060830.jpg

Proraso Pre-shave
MdeC Soap
TI 26mm Best Badger
Klas Tornblom Razor
Alum/Witch Hazel
Fitjar Balm
Penhaligons Endymion EDT

First shave with this razor which I picked up from the bay - although it was very comfortable I think there is a bit more to come from the hones and will ask Mikael for his advice as it's Swedish.
SoTD021.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
1958 Executive/Gillette Super Silver (NOS)
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS
Malizia Vetyver AS
Mkizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Third and last time with this very pleasant old blade. This worked quite well in both the Executive and Webly. I could probably get another shave or two, but I'll quit when ahead. Thanks to NTS for thinking of me.

Heh, this Malizia EdT doesn't even last an hour unless I load up on the sprays. Fine with me, since the juice is almost free anyway.

BBS results,

Martin

Today's swiss shave

redtip.jpg

Talor's sandalwood shaving cream
Feather blade
Kent BK4 brush
Geo.f.trumper sandalwood skinfood

I could say how nice that shave was, but that is voicing an opinion about it, and as I'm swiss.... and neutral, I can't do that.

My razor has a red tip and that's part of there swiss flag which is a neutral country.
Result..... see can't tell you that neither, as that's voicing an opinion about the outcome
of my shave, and could be seen as misleading in some way.

Back
Top Bottom