SOTD Sat 22nd Sept to Frid 28th Sept 2012 ...

RE: SOTD Sat 22th Sept to Frid 28st Sept 2012 ...

Prep - Hot Towel, Simpson's Shave Cream
Razor - Weber ARC
Blade - Astra S/P
Brush – Duke 3
Soap - Mike's Unscented
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ Prof Blighty's English Oak Aftershave Splash

the S/P's are definitely more suited to the Weber..... a lovely shave!! :)

Sunday 23rd September

Hot shower and Facial scrub
3P Pre/Post Shave Cream
Dovo 5/8 Special
New Forest Tubby 1 Tigris Perla in Finest Silvertip
TOBS Coconut Cream
Myrsol "Agua Balsámica" After Shave.
Unrefined Shea Butter
Obsession EDT
Morgan's Classic Pomade

Truly excellent BBS

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather AS-D1
Supermax Platinum
Kent BS10
Nanny's Gentleman's shaving soap - French Lavender
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm

I need to use the Feather more - i've lost the knack of it :(

SUNDAY EVENING

Gillette Red Tip Rocket
Personna (2)
Beejay amber acrylic brush
Nannys Citrus Zinger - scuttle lathered
Witch Hazel
Castle Forbe AS balm

Lovely shave tonight, but I think this Personna might be another '2 use' blade like a Feather. It didn't tug at all, but I'm in two minds whether to go for my normal third use of a blade.

Nivea face scrub for prep
Weber Bulldog DLC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #2
EJ Best Black Badger
TOBS Jermyn Street Soap
Alum Block
Proraso Post Cream (Old Formula)

Re: SOTD Sat 22th Sept to Frid 28st Sept 2012 ...

Béla, that Sprecher is absurdly beautiful.

Last night, realising I was already late but not wanting to go out with eighteen hours' growth, I decided on an experiment I'd thought of for some time:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (11)
Foam: Noxzema Cocoa Butter
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion

The can I was using before I bought my first brush around 16 months ago, a single pass, under three minutes total elapsed time, and a perfectly fine "SAS".

So.. after the abortion of a shave that I had this morning... lying in the bath I decided to sort it out when I got out.

Prep - Long hot bath. T&H Pre-shave oil.
Cream - T&H West Indian Limes
Brush - NF Tubby 1
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade - Gillette super thin (red and black, Russian)
After - Alum on blood, T&H Ultimate Comfort Aftershave Balm

3 passes on 4. Not good enough. Another 3 passes on 7. Touch ups after. No quitting until it's all gone.

All the bumps raised by the derby this morning are now sliced open. The balm wasn't enough to close my skin and I'd to use the alum block on the bleeders. I had planned not to use it because I knew my skin was going to be very sore. The balm hasn't dried in yet, so I can't check my skin to see just how bad it is... but I've done myself no favours in my stubborness.

No shaving tomorrow I suppose - in fact I'm probably best leaving it until Tuesday night... tomorrow night at most a single WTG pass.

Some cold water
Proraso pre/post
M&F blonde badger
Himalaya soap from Soap Opera
37c w/Astra (WTG), Valet Auto-strop w/Feather
Speick AS
C&E Sienna ASB

Well, this soap is good. Lather is somewhat thin, yet still protective, slick and all. Feels good on skin too. Shame the scent is a bit too subtle, but hey it's all natural. Anyway, this was my first shave with it, will see how it performs after a few more.
Valet Auto-strop is a great razor, when loaded with that Feather SE blade. Really nice and smooth. Will have to hunt down OCMM now to try..

Halk said:
3 passes on 4. Not good enough. Another 3 passes on 7. Touch ups after. No quitting until it's all gone.

All the bumps raised by the derby this morning are now sliced open. The balm hasn't dried in yet, so I can't check my skin to see just how bad it is... but I've done myself no favours in my stubborness.

The standings so far:

Shaving crap 1, Halk 0.

Sair yin, Halk! Better to leave the grass long than scalp the top soil....

It would appear you've got a fast regenerating growth but after that face shredding, leave your skin to heal for a few days at least. I gave my face a right royal ripper a few weeks backs and didn't shave the following day but really should have left it the next day as well.

Heal well, squire.

Hair doesn't grow that fast... I didn't have a good shave this morning is all! My skin does heal fast though, thankfully :)

Helveticum said:
Himalaya soap from Soap Opera

Well, this soap is good. Lather is somewhat thin, yet still protective, slick and all. Feels good on skin too. Shame the scent is a bit too subtle, but hey it's all natural. Anyway, this was my first shave with it, will see how it performs after a few more.

Yeah, give it another time or two and see if the lather looks better. One thing that impressed me what how thick is was, so have faith in the product. It sometimes takes me 2-3 times before everything comes together with a new soap/cream.

Heh, I also wish the scent was a little stronger. What there is of it I like a lot.

2492012.jpg

SOTD Sat 22th Sept to Frid 28st Sept 2012 ...

This morning:
Prep: Proraso pre/post senesitive
Soap: Cella
Brush: NF Tubby 2
Razor: Mergress
Blade: Astra Green
After: Alum then Blightys Punchinello balm

Nice, comfortable and smooth shave. The Mergress just sheared through my 3 days growth. Great razor.

Re: SOTD Sat 22th Sept to Frid 28st Sept 2012 ...

Crabtree and Evelyn's Nomad shaving cream
Henk silvertip walnut
Fatboy (gold plated) on 5, 3
Ming Shi super stainless (2nd shave)
Cold water

Very nice blade. Got a very close shave and the Nomad seems to be great for cushioning. On the train to work I can still faintly smell the Nomad on my top lip even after rinsing. Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom