SOTD SAT 17th OCT TO FRI 23rd OCTOBER 2015

Meißner Tremonia soaps are simply the top of the tree with outstanding performance and really well thought through scents. The guaiacwood is, without question, deep and tarry with bergamot levelling it off without going too citrus. Alas, it's a market tester, both in formula and scent. They have released other scents from that batch, like the new Woody Almond, but this is one that remains yet to be released.

I think you'll have to buy some essential oil to drop into your favourite donor soap.
Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for when / if it does emerge and live with the DIY option in the meantime.

Last edited:
Greetings

Monday 19th October 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick I1 Injector
Blade: Personna Plat. Chr. Comfort Coated NOS
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap: Tabac Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Miller Harris Le Fumé

Regards
Dick.

P1000084.JPG

Mon 19th Oct. - Birthday Shave.

Stirling Synthetic
MWF
ER Streamline
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum Rub /Rinse Off
Williams Aqua Velva A/S

Picked the right one for Today, and now know probably why this is my favourite SE. I manage to get a really comfortable and close shave every time I use this Razor , It seems to take no time at all , and with a Splash like the Williams my face feels invigorated.No need for a touch up when going out for a nice Pub Meal.

This Brush again quickly whips up a lather very easily with the MWF, probably a lot quicker than my other brushes too.

P1010082.jpg

Pre-Shave:- Hot Shower
Soap:- Calani Eis Engel
Brush:- Shavemac TSR LE 2 Band
Razor:- Ikon B1 Slant + OSS Handle
Blade:- Rapira Swedish Super Steel (2)
Post Shave:- Floid, Mentolado Vigoroso

Mon 19th Oct.
Posted already In Wrong Week ! Got caught out as someone else did it, so thread was at top of list.

Shave quite simple, and reported in detail. But It was very good, the brush makes mincemeat of the MWF. The Razor as always gives me a great Shave , will last well all day.

P1010082.jpg

SOTD - Monday, Day-19 Tabac-tober/OC-tober
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: BowTie "Tobacco & Bay"
Brush: Thäter 4125/1 24mm 2-band fan
Razor: Rhodium 1930's Gillette NEW long-comb, bar handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Fantastic shave this morning. This Jeeves soap is my favorite by far. I think the GSB blades are too sharp for this razor when new, but after 3 shaves they 'mellow' and give a flawless performance in this old OC razor which lets you feel all of the blade.

Arko Cream - Fresh
Mervyn Cadman Custom Synthetic
ER 1914
GEM S/S w/ half shim
Alum Rub, Cold Rinse
Alcolado Glacial / Witch Hazel mix 3:1
Neutrogena Comfort Balm
IMG_20151019_125005852e.jpg
Easy thick creamy slick lather accompanied by a great scent. from the Arko.
The 1914 is a wonderful shaver and so intuitive, giving a really close comfortable shave.
Love the cooling hit of the Alcolado.

IMG_1983.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Vicco Turmeric Shaving Cream (thanks, Nishy)
Plisson Synthetic Shaving Brush (thanks again, Nishy)
Zinn Gem & Personna (5)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pashana Original Aftershave & Hair Tonic
Al Rehab Rayan Black EDP

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & WTG (Slide)

Several new things to try ...

Huge laugh when I opened the Vicco and was met with a smiling fellow who looked just like my brother-in-law, but Indian. Subtle smell to the soap, fully released when lathering and much sharper than I had expected, almost citrus in effect. My exposure to turmeric is with the dried spice, never the root, but upon reading up I find that turmeric is related to ginger and that clicked - it's sharp, whirls up the nostrils. Fresh root scented with a curious cooling, although nothing minty or mentholated was listed in the ingredients.

Whisked up with a new brush - a Plisson synthetic, which is just right for this task as it's a floppy fellow but does hold a lot more water than other synthetics. Quite literally a perfect partner for creams. I built up a good lather and tried something I've read about whereby the lather is applied to the face and left to sit there for a couple of minutes, or more, refreshed and then the shave is commenced. It might be ritual, but the whole experience certainly put a smile on my face.

Fun to see out the blade in my Zinn Gem, a razor which took a completely different blade to the rest of the Gem line back in its day but being so well built, the spring is still ... well, springy, and so it can hold an injector blade in place almost as if it was made for it! One pass with the grain and a second pass with a slide.

Splash of Pash, face and hair. Being an evening shaver, I've been wearing the EDP through the day - billed as a Woody Spicy blend of Berries, Tea, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla & Woods, it begins with quite an Old Spice opening but settles out into something I've been unable to quite pinpoint for the remainder of the day, but I have it now: it's Werther's! You know, buttery, caramel sweets. Quite cloying really and not nice at all after the really triumphant opening.

It might just be my imagination, but I have a tingling on my tongue which reminds me of the shaving cream - invigorating!

In all, huge fun!

IMG_1983.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Vicco Turmeric Shaving Cream (thanks, Nishy)
Plisson Synthetic Shaving Brush (thanks again, Nishy)
Zinn Gem & Personna (5)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pashana Original Aftershave & Hair Tonic
Al Rehab Rayan Black EDP

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & WTG (Slide)

Several new things to try ...

Huge laugh when I opened the Vicco and was met with a smiling fellow who looked just like my brother-in-law, but Indian. Subtle smell to the soap, fully released when lathering and much sharper than I had expected, almost citrus in effect. My exposure to turmeric is with the dried spice, never the root, but upon reading up I find that turmeric is related to ginger and that clicked - it's sharp, whirls up the nostrils. Fresh root scented with a curious cooling, although nothing minty or mentholated was listed in the ingredients.

Whisked up with a new brush - a Plisson synthetic, which is just right for this task as it's a floppy fellow but does hold a lot more water than other synthetics. Quite literally a perfect partner for creams. I built up a good lather and tried something I've read about whereby the lather is applied to the face and left to sit there for a couple of minutes, or more, refreshed and then the shave is commenced. It might be ritual, but the whole experience certainly put a smile on my face.

Fun to see out the blade in my Zinn Gem, a razor which took a completely different blade to the rest of the Gem line back in its day but being so well built, the spring is still ... well, springy, and so it can hold an injector blade in place almost as if it was made for it! One pass with the grain and a second pass with a slide.

Splash of Pash, face and hair. Being an evening shaver, I've been wearing the EDP through the day - billed as a Woody Spicy blend of Berries, Tea, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla & Woods, it begins with quite an Old Spice opening but settles out into something I've been unable to quite pinpoint for the remainder of the day, but I have it now: it's Werther's! You know, buttery, caramel sweets. Quite cloying really and not nice at all after the really triumphant opening.

It might just be my imagination, but I have a tingling on my tongue which reminds me of the shaving cream - invigorating!

In all, huge fun!

Great gear, photo and write-up.

Back
Top Bottom