SOTD July 7, 2012 through July 13, 2012

SUNDAY MORNING

Muhle R41
Racer (2)
Vie Long 12705
Henk's Dutch Moss cream
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

After a couple of shockers with this razor decided to change angle completely. Rather than going at an angle of around 70 degrees I went for one of around 20 and it made a massive difference.

No irritation and two weepers, both easily closed with a styptic pencil. And a BBS good enough to keep me going until tomorrow evening. Result!

I'm impressed with the horse too, though it isn't really stiff enough for hard soaps. It whips up a cream very well and also seems to dry much quicker than a boar or a badger. Could be a good travel brush and definitely worth a £12 gamble.

8-7-12

Shower
Origin best gold steel (supplied by by UKRob and very nice it is too).
Nanny's Gentleman's Shaving Soap French Lavender - No proraso pre tonight - the lavender soap before bed really is very nice - Thanks Mikael
Muhle Silvertip Fibre 21mm
Nivea replenishing balm
Witch hazel

The second of my recent acquisitions and another nice shave (it also gives me more than one trad straight so I can compare the pros and cons of both along with my feather, it's almost like I have a plan). A very different animal to the Norfolk or the Feather which was the whole idea, to get three different shavers.

If you want an idea of just how clumsy I am sometimes I managed to cut myself under the chin with my feather whilst comparing the size of it to the Origin. I don't have a clue how I managed it as even I didn't think I was THAT clumsy.

Very pleased with this razor although the sheer size of it still daunts me a bit - this one will be in rotation with the Feather SS and my DEs

8-7-12.jpg

I've been away at the Formula 1 this weekend so just had a quick shave on Saturday night. Early starts to get into the circuit meant no time for a shave in the morning. I took a travel kit consisting of:

Gillette Tech
Feather
Vulfix 660
LEA soap stick
LEA AS balm

I was very, very impressed with the LEA soap and balm. Great lather from the soap and a nice slightly menthol balm. Just grabbed a quick shave after we got back to the hotel after qualifying yesterday and got a very nice DFS shave with a WTG and ATG pass.

A little earlier this evening

to the musical accompaniment of Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

EJ de89 head with the Bulldog handle from my Weber - nice fit (the reverse isn't true as the ej handle is slightly larger in cross section at the thread end and won't quite tighten up on the DLC head)
loaded with an Astra SP (1)

Kappus shaving cream
New Forest brush

three passes, lovely smooth shave - well impressed with the Astra SP now, tried it last year in the early days of my DE experience and didn't get nearly as good a result as tonight.

Finished off with Proraso ASL and Pre-post, then a wee spray of Yatagan EDT.

Monday, 9.vii.2012

Predopo Vitos
LiJün&1980 Finest
La Toja jabón de afeitar
GEM Micromatic Flying Wing
GEM Stainless (#13)
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lavender
La Toja ASL

P1060488b.jpg

Aqueous cream
Professor blighty Grapewood shaving soap
Super adjustable on 5, 3, 1 with Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade - 4th use
St. James Founder's Reserve mandarin and patchouli aftershave gel
Paul Smith edt

Decent shave. Cannot get close under the jawline, even with my Schick Injector and Gillette Platinum Plus blade for touch ups

Monday

Gillette A3 1955 Superspeed
Wilkinson Sword SS (2)
Simpson's "Major" (Best)
Palmolive Cream

Nivea ASB
Old Spice Original (India) AS

Three pass, face lather.

I've never used Wilkinson Sword blades before; can't think of a reason why either. They really are very good.

That's a BBS two days in a row!
:icon_razz:

Friday
EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ Badger
NGT grapefruit and Cedarwood
Ginseng and Black pepper balm
T and H Trafalgar

Monday
EJDE89
Red Personna
Vulfix Mix
Proraso soap and Balm
CK one EDT

Bulldog face wash
Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad shaving soap
New Forest super badger brush
Muhle R89 razor with Personna red #2
Barbershop Bay Rum
Alfred Sung pour homme EDT

Lovely shave today, have not used a hard soap for a while & the Nomad was good, no sting whatsoever from Steve's Bay rum, it's great stuff.

Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Feather Artist Club - SS
Blade Feather Pro
Brush Simpson M7 LE
Cream Simpsons
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum

Jamie.

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH.

002-1.jpg

Blyth Spirit said:
Monday

Gillette A3 1955 Superspeed
Wilkinson Sword SS (2)
Simpson's "Major" (Best)
Palmolive Cream

Nivea ASB
Old Spice Original (India) AS

Three pass, face lather.

I've never used Wilkinson Sword blades before; can't think of a reason why either. They really are very good.

That's a BBS two days in a row!
:icon_razz:
I use wilkinson sword blades in my super speed as well, they help tame the beast.

Today's shave

Dove soap/hot face cloth prep
The invisible edge super leather strop
C.V Heljestrand No29 (the mini)
TI Brush
Taylor's sandlewood shaving soap
Cold face cloth/Geo.F.Trumper skinfood to finish

Results. BSS WTG

I don't think that razor likes the Taylor's soap...Not as comfy as should have been.

Back
Top Bottom