SOTD Calendar

Folks,

This is an advanced warning of a bit of fun we're hoping to have this year at TSR. We've been discussing the notion of a potential SOTD Calendar here: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-23520.html

First and foremost, I'll guide you through it when it happens ... don't worry ...

What will happen?

Okay, around the middle of the month a new thread ("Entries: <Month> 2014", for example) will appear in the SOTD sub-forum inviting folks to submit their best SOTD picture, the one they love the most - their own, from the month in question. Anyone can submit a picture.

Be imaginative! If there's a key event during the month, perhaps make up a fun picture with that as the theme. If you're not a photographer, drop one in anyway. If you don't have a camera, draw something, make up a poem or record a rap about your favourite shave.

At the end of the month, submissions will be considered closed. We'll do that as a "soft close" and move on with a new voting thread. Any submissions after the end of the month will not be included.

How do I vote?

Immediately following the end of the month, a new thread ("Voting: <Month> 2014", for example) will appear in the SOTD sub-forum listing the pictures and proposing a poll for folks to vote. Anyone can vote; comment and dialogue is encouraged in the thread.

How long do I get to vote?

For the first month, we'll be feeling our way so I reckon we should leave voting open for the whole month.

As the months go by and we get more slick at this, we might reduce the voting period to congratulate a winner more quickly.

What happens then?

upon establishing a winning entry, a new thread ("Winner: <Month> 2014", for example) will appear in the SOTD sub-forum and you can give your words of love and admiration to the winner.

What will you win?

Simply, the admiration of your brothers here at TSR although if folks want to pass on a more tangible prize to the winner, please do.

Anything else?

Well, yes ...

Towards the end of the year, start a thread ("Winners: 2014", for example) collating the winning SOTD pictures which will build up through the year and come December, we'll have sufficient to perhaps produce a calendar for the forthcoming year.

You can do this yourself by posting all 12 pictures to a popular online calendar producer and enjoy the pictures for the forthcoming year, maybe a kind soul will offer to produce a set, maybe we have a printer in our midst ... we don't know.

Finally ...

We're feeling our way as we go here, but this is the template. If anyone has anything to add, whatever it is, please follow on with comment in this thread.

I'll run the first month, perhaps someone else will run the next month, thereafter, perhaps the winner will run the months following. Who knows? We'll see how we go ...

Finally, finally ...

This is for fun. Let's have a good time shaving, posting up our great shaves, submitting our best and really enjoying the most popular. Moreover, let's encourage folks to get snapping!

Summary

For those who like the slick version ...

14th of the month, a new thread will appear accepting your best SOTD picture and remain open until the end of the month. So, the first one will appear 14th January and remain open for entries until 31st January.

From the 1st of the following month, please vote for the picture you like the best, polled in a new thread. Voting will remain open for the whole month.

The poll will close at the end of that month and the winning entry declared in a new thread. For the first month (January), this will be made apparent just after the end of February. Early March.

Okay? Questions?

I think it will be easier to manage as a poll rather than voting in the thread. I have created a new sub forum for this and have upped the maximum poll options.

Ah, super! Yes, that will work well, I'm sure - it'll just need someone (me, happy to carry on with it but don't want to be seen as the calendar fuhrer if others want to) to collate the pictures and set up a poll.

I've amended the text above to reflect this ...

Back
Top Bottom