Something I've never noticed

Well, in the meantime (while adjusting technique, changing blades etc) just get some goot AS/ASB to soothe the irritation. Speick stuff is some of the best for that purpose.

Noobstu: lol same old wife, but I would like a change heh heh
No nothing's changed and being a contractor, I work all over the place, so I don't think it's environmental.

Jhclare: I'm using boots own brand which I'm led to believe are personna blades. I have been wanting to try some feathers actually.

Thanks for all the advice chaps, lots to think about. At the moment I'm resolved to not shaving until the weekend. Tough though as I've got to like shaving everyday.

Well I thought I'd let you all know that I buckled.
I should have waited until tomorrow for a shave, but a good bit of stubble came through (grows quick) and the affected area looked okay.
Anyway I've just had a lovely good close shave. It ain't BBS but it's very close. I took my time and had 3 passes and a touch up. I went WTG on the first pass, XTG from nose to ear on the second and the XTG from ear to nose. Then I just did a little touch up on the trouble areas. I have no irritation and no nicks whatsoever.
Wife got me a new after shave balm yesterday. Gillette series sensitive balm. Should have been around £5 but was half price. Smells great, feels great, much better than that boots gel rubbish.

Oh and just in case anyone else has had a similar problem, or just interested, as well as letting the hair grow a bit and giving my face a break, I also administered the kids "Magic cream".
If you don't know what magic cream is, it's savlon. I have two small people in the house who call it "Magic cream" and who am I to argue with them eh? ;)

Savlon is indeed magic cream, and still works when you get older. I have recently rediscovered it.

As for the shaving, I am finding that really good moisturising is helping. I moisturisise twice a day, whether that be using nivea after shave balm or nivea moisturiser, it is really helping me get a better, more comfortable shave. I also use a bit of baby oil on my face just prior to lathering up, that also seems to help.

Back
Top Bottom