Someone should re-create the ENY razor

We all like different blades be it DE, SE or injector ones.
Back in the days there was the 'ENY Blade' razor that addressed that by accepting a number of different blade types - and did so w/out any springs or levers. Heck, you could even switch out the baseplate to an OC or SB one.

But wait, there's more, the head can also be adjusted/angled to your preferences.

I'm not saying re-create the exact design..but it would be interesting to have something created that would be in line with the concept of it :)

Kickstarter anyone?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
if the advertising was right, any GEM blade should fit fine. However, I do not believe any modern DE blade would fit. the distance between the blade stops seems the same as on my Featherweight, and only the original Gillette 3 hole pattern blade would have a chance of fitting in the razor.

wish I could see the actual patent documents. it seems the base plate that holds the blade in, is free floating when logic says it would need to be hinged somewhere to prevent the blade popping out mid shave.

To my surprise, it didn't sell...

There was one that sold a few weeks ago for $60 that looked a lot nicer. For that price and condition I would had been inclined to pick one up for fun. Charles collection is mind-blowing and it's always fun to see what he lists but they do tend to come with a rather hefty price tag. Then again a lot of what he sells I've never even seen/heard of before so it's hard to tell what a 'fair' price is if there is very limited sell history :)

An adjustable razor that allows you to adjust the slant seems like a clever idea.
There are several of those, if you're willing to stick with diagonals and not torqued slants. Torqued, I've yet to find any type of adjustable. Diagonal there were several slants with three slant-positions. I've just created a tread on a Punktal of this type. There were also (at least) two with the head on a ball-socket. One of which was the US-made Pacific.
The three-way adjustables are, for me at least, a bit too extreme in their most slanted positions.

There are several of those, if you're willing to stick with diagonals and not torqued slants. Torqued, I've yet to find any type of adjustable. Diagonal there were several slants with three slant-positions. I've just created a tread on a Punktal of this type. There were also (at least) two with the head on a ball-socket. One of which was the US-made Pacific.
The three-way adjustables are, for me at least, a bit too extreme in their most slanted positions.

One of my favorites being the M.Peroni - amazing little razor.
I did a write-up about it here some time ago
312v8ly.jpg

@efsk - I never really felt the benefit of a torqued blade, myself. I have quite a few slants, including a couple of non-twisted slants, and I find they do a superb job. (One is the iKon 102, the other an Eros slant.)

So just being able to adjust slant is fine with me. I think on that I would prefer a bar guard over a comb guard.

The Peroni is still on my wishlist. Beautiful piece of shavinghistory. The Pacific has the same mechanism, but has two different slantbars causing differential aggression as well as adjustable angle.

Back
Top Bottom