Some things and a PIF

As this is my 1000th post i thought I'd post a couple of things that i have hovering on my desktop - the first is an interesting use of shave brushes in art -

f0q89j.jpg

2mqtj4y.jpg

I saw this in the Tate in Liverpool years ago before i was into traditional shaving - I'd love to see it again to have a look at the brushes! Here is a link to the tate website http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/arman-bluebeards-wife-t03380 with a bit more info about it.

I also saw this and thought it was interesting

30ttqie.jpg

I had a link to brush attachment that sat on top of a shaving foam can - it was so ridiculous i wish i bought it. alas, i cant find it on ebay anymore :(

anyway, onto the PIF - i have a tube of WARS shaving cream thats up for grabs just say you're "in" here in the thread and I'll pick a winner at random, better yet, i'll get the wife to choose a number from the list generated. It's a great cream if you've not had the chance to try it. there was a rumour that it was being discontinued but the company has changed hands - it's now owned by a company called Miraculum and they've even redesigned the packaging to appeal to the younger crowd. Winner picked on friday next.

Oh, and thanks to everyone for creating a great community and passing on so much valuable knowledge. :)

i have seen that brush thingy! it is not something you imagined!!
i will try and find a linky, count me in for the PIF!

here you go!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Presto-Shavo-Brush-Fits-all-cans-eastman-sales-Corp-vintage-old-stock-shaving-/271505994751?pt=US_Shaving_Hair_Removal&hash=item3f3704b3ff

Ho Ho! :)

So the modest list so far is -

1 SamuraiJack
2 rowlers
3 Sezer74
4 ajh101
5 Yorkneil
6 Davep90
7 discodaz
8 Leslie145
9 Hedomystico
10 Doggycam
11 mikebrownington

feel free to join in. The winner will be picked on Friday evening (25th)

And the winner of this monumental PIF is number 4 - ajh101. Send me your details and i'll pop it in the post it off this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom