Some Sheffield Steel

Here are a few that were finished up over the last few days

W&B Medium Hollow Grind in Cocobolo Scales with a Turquoise wedge, the scales were run through the Vacuum Chamber using Polyurethane.. Light polish on the steel

IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

This W&B American Eagle Razor was done with a light polish on the steel also, but the scales made of Black Palm I used a new process.. They were first run through the Vacuum Chamber along with the Cocobolo scales above, but then after drying I did a full CA finish on them.. I really like the outcome, and it made the normally problematic Black Palm much easier to work with, I used a Vintage lead wedge..

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

And last but not least a matched set..

The razor is stamped Theo Wilson - Ironmonger - Clitheroe on the front and Finest Sheffield Steel - Forged and Ground in Germany on the back
Light polish on the steel..
The scales are a rather rare wood called Camelthorn which this was the first I had seen of it.. Again a Polyurethane finish by way of the Vacuum Chamber for the scales and the matching brush handle..
The wedge of the razor and the base of the brush are both Silver lined Malachite, the brush has a 24mm Overstuffed Silvertip knot..

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

TheoWilsonIronmonger.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

Thanks for looking and any info on the Theo Wilson would be appreciated as I have never seen the maker before

Back
Top Bottom