(SOLD) Two King Japanese water stones

I have for sale two Japanese Ice Bear King stones, both used but in perfect condition lapped and ready to use, here's the spec's, one is 2 x 8 inch, grit 1000 x 6000, the other is 2 1/2 x 7 1/4 inch, grit 1200 x 8000, I'm asking £40 for both delivered.

Jamie.

RE: Two King Japanese water stones

Hi,
I couldn't send you a pm. I'm interested in the lot, would you be interested in a trade with straight razors&strops?

Thanks.
Burak

Still for sale, the one 1200 x 8000 stone would cost you £53 and the 1000 x 6000 £33 so there's a very good saving to be had.

Jamie

Two King Japanese water stones

For those new to honing, the grits listed here and a pasted strop would be great way to learn the art. And the price seems right based on what I had to pay. Good luck.

No experience of the 1200/8000 but the 1000/6000 is my main work horse and with a small diamond plate (a cheap one) you can raise a slurry on the 6k side and dilute is as you hone to bridge the gap between 1k & 6k. The 8K side of the other stone will probably be fine enough to yield a good shaving edge but as a Johnus said something like a Crox strop could refine that edge still further without having to run to the expense of a fine finisher like a Naniwa 12K. A good buy that and no mistake.

Back
Top Bottom