Soaps you avoid!

ChopperHarris said:
MrK1 said:
I thought this thread was about soaps you couldn't lather?

Nah (at least not exclusively) - everyone can lather Arko, but it's really marmite in terms of the scent and so I think a valid vote here.
It lathers ok very airy but the smell and the burn is unbearable.

Darkbulb said:
...Soaps I wouldn't buy (again);

- Scottish Fine,
- Lightfoot's
- Swedish Dream Sea Salt soap,
- Anything by Mama Bear,
- Anything by RazoRock

Wow, after hearing soon many great views of RR I didn't expect to see it on this list.

What was your issue with RR soaps?

Out of the very few I've tried, the only one I'd never get again is the Erasmic Stick. Which I only bought because it was 60-something pence and figured what the hell.

Whosthedaddy said:
I'd probably avoid TOBS in the future, both I've tried have either dried my face or caused irritation?

+1 and Arko, oh and Boots Shaving soap - very drying on my delicate face:blush:

I don't think putting RR soaps as a whole in here is justified. Purely because many of the soaps are made in different factories by different artisans. RR is just a distributor.

But if you don't like a specific one, fair game!

MrK1 said:
Celtic67 said:
I bought a couple of Prof Blighty soaps in BST with no idea about the cents. No problem with the lathering, but the coal tar is pretty awful to my nose. I get that some people must like it and the soap performs fine, but this one is going to have to go, I can't stand it.

I love Arko!
I thought this thread was about soaps you couldn't lather?

There is no way you can include Prof Blightys in the list.

Scents are obviously a YMMV.

It was all the Arko posts that made me think that. Reading the first post again, you're probably right about the OP's intent. Apologies for bringing Prof Blighty into that.

I did try to make it absolutely clear that there was no problem with the lathering. Not a criticism of Prof Blighty at all. Soaps need to cater for all tastes, so I'm sure someone likes coal tar, just isn't for me.

BigBoar said:
I don't think putting RR soaps as a whole in here is justified. Purely because many of the soaps are made in different factories by different artisans. RR is just a distributor.

Fair comment.
I've only tried Classic and St Maria - both had artificial/chemical smelling scents and didn't perform as other soaps I had. So...two strikes for me, unfortunately, is a strike for the company. Fair or not :)

Darkbulb said:
BigBoar said:

Fair comment.
I've only tried Classic and St Maria - both had artificial/chemical smelling scents and didn't perform as other soaps I had. So...two strikes for me, unfortunately, is a strike for the company. Fair or not :)

Think the Classic is a TFS soap - same as Figaro and Fitness For Men. think TFS may make the St. Maria as well. So you may need to avoid those as well and not just the RR versions.

As someone mentioned the RR is really just a distributor of other peoples soaps in their tubs.

pjgh said:
I've only had one truly bad soap - Far North Goat Milk, or something like that. Simply no lather, whatever I did, and I can lather GFT Eucris!

Make that two ...

rixkk3.jpg

... this one, which arrived today.

Test lathered in a bowl, it was far too foamy and disappeared immediately on the face. Face lathered, the same. Applied to the face like a shaving stick and face lathered, yet again, foamy and subsequently disappeared. Practically no scent, either, certainly not the tingly, aromatic, woodsy walk I was hoping to have.

Absolutely bab!

They send me a balm, gratis, which was nice of them but I can't abide balm so that can go in the bin, too.

Did I say, absolute pap!

Back
Top Bottom