Soap side effects

Don't you mean La Toja in that list? I'd be intrigued in what soaps you can use.

I've had really bad reactions to Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream and the Boots Shaving Stick. Minor reactions to some others including Body Shop Maca Root.
Please excuse my extremely late reply @donnie_arko , I've spent a couple of weeks in hospital without access to Internet.

I've also had a reaction to Maca Root, I forgot about that one. And oh yes, it's La Toja of course :D

Here are the soaps that do work well for me: any Valobra soap I've tried is top of the heap in my book (Valobra stick, discontinued Art of Shaving Sandalwood, Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge), followed by Cella, Acqua Di Parma cream, Nivea Originals 'the Poundland special' cream, and both Proraso Green and White.

I'm sure that there are many other soaps and creams that would not give me a reaction, but at a rejection rate of 3 out of every 4 that I've tried I'm somewhat reluctant to stray from what I find safe and therefore tend to keep it to this small rotation.

Please excuse my extremely late reply @donnie_arko , I've spent a couple of weeks in hospital without access to Internet.

I've also had a reaction to Maca Root, I forgot about that one. And oh yes, it's La Toja of course :D

Here are the soaps that do work well for me: any Valobra soap I've tried is top of the heap in my book (Valobra stick, discontinued Art of Shaving Sandalwood, Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge), followed by Cella, Acqua Di Parma cream, Nivea Originals 'the Poundland special' cream, and both Proraso Green and White.

I'm sure that there are many other soaps and creams that would not give me a reaction, but at a rejection rate of 3 out of every 4 that I've tried I'm somewhat reluctant to stray from what I find safe and therefore tend to keep it to this small rotation.
I hope you have fully recovered from whatever put you in the hospital for a couple of weeks. P.

Also wishing you a speedy recovery.

Crikey, sorry to hear you were in hospital. I hope you are now well and recovered, but nonetheless get well soon my friend.

Of the list of soaps you are able to use though, it seems to be dominated by the heavy hitting Italians, Valobra, AdP and Cella! I share a few in common with yourself of the other list and a few in your permitted list - including Proraso Green & Cella, the others I am yet to try but I have a few Valobra sticks which I will use at sometime soon.

I can fully understand using a few soaps when a large proportion seem to cause unfavourable reactions as I myself seem to be in a similar situation for allergies/irritation and find myself using the few which seem to avoid irritating my skin.

Back
Top Bottom