Soap Life when in use?

After about a year, the last dregs of a pot of Proraso white simply stopped lathering easily, over about two weeks of shaves. I assume some "volatiles" had finally left the building. I opened the next pot bought at the same time and all is well - my technique, such as it is, is to swirl my damp/warm Yaqi brush around the pot three or four times then face lather (often get too much lather).

Anyway, I'm not complaining as I got to use over 95% or the soap. I use a shaving gel for 10% of my shaves so the pot lasted ages. I assume it's exposure to air each day while open that causes this as old sealed soaps work well?

After about a year, the last dregs of a pot of Proraso white simply stopped lathering easily, over about two weeks of shaves. I assume some "volatiles" had finally left the building. I opened the next pot bought at the same time and all is well - my technique, such as it is, is to swirl my damp/warm Yaqi brush around the pot three or four times then face lather (often get too much lather).

Anyway, I'm not complaining as I got to use over 95% or the soap. I use a shaving gel for 10% of my shaves so the pot lasted ages. I assume it's exposure to air each day while open that causes this as old sealed soaps work well?

I just put the dregs of whatever soap on top of new soap, never had a problem.
At the moment I am using a tub of soap made up of at least 5 different soaps. It lathers fine and the scent is changing slightly as the soaps are exposed.

I just put the dregs of whatever soap on top of new soap, never had a problem.
At the moment I am using a tub of soap made up of at least 5 different soaps. It lathers fine and the scent is changing slightly as the soaps are exposed.
Would be interesting to combine a few soap remnants in a blender to create some kind of frankensoap.

Mad Scientist Horror GIF

A couple of times I ended up with gobs of samples that were just sitting going to waste, so I just put them all together and used them.
I've done this and many call it a Clown Puke tub due to the varying colors of the samples/soap remnants. You really get differing scents as you work thru it and the best characteristics of each soap seem to shine together (y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom