So, I succombed to the charms of a cute assistant in The Body Shop, and here I am....

RE:

I don't rate the Maca Root products but it's a start!

If I were you, my first step would be to visit the Truefitt & Hill and Geo F Trumpers websites and buy sample packs from each so you can get a sniff of the scents and try out the creams. The sample packs will last you a few weeks so you'll have plenty of time to decide if you like it or not. You'll also get some nice colognes to try out and even if you don't initially want to go that way with your shaving, they are great gift ideas to give people if you want to increase your collection of smellies.

You can also get samples from D R Harris but they are individual pots of cream rather than complete packs so buy a sample pot of both Windsor and Arlington shave creams ;). Taylor of Old Bond Street (along with Truefitt and Trumpers) are 'the 3 T's' so are the leaders of the pack but it's harder to find TOBS samples.

The only thing I've never got into is pre-shave. I'm mad about post-shave balms etc. but pre-shave for me is just an exfoliating wash, any old wash will do so don't be afraid to seek bargains from the 'teenage spot wash' aisle in supermarkets :icon_razz:

Then unfortunately it's a slippery slope of buying everything to 'give it a try'. Welcome to our World! It's a good world though and full of friendly advice.

Oh and inform anybody who is unsure about the use of Badger hair that the hair is sourced from the Far East where Badgers are eaten so the hair is a by-product.

RE: So, I succombed to the charms of a cute assistant in The Body Shop, and here I am

John said:
Hello and welcome to TSR.

That's it? Hello and welcome to TSR? Did you even read that poor bastard's post? This guy has the potential to be a real shooting star......

I can only figure that you and kindly Unca Mikey are cookin up something extra special for the new member. Maybe the Good Doctor will even get involved.

Oh, to the OP: welcome to this place

Thanks all for your welcoming messages and advice. I have tapped up Geo. F Trumper who are sending me some free samples, so that should set me on the right track for now. Let the journey commence.
Cheers.

RE: So, I succombed to the charms of a cute assistant in The Body Shop, and here I am

Johhnyboy said:
So I got the credit card out and went shopping. Best Badger brush, EJ DE razor with a blade selection to get me going. (although my young daughter was horrified to read 'Best Badger' on the Brush in the bathroom)

Did she object to the injustice of such a good badger being turned into a brush or three. You would think it would be punishment for the Worst badgers, not the best behaved ones for gosh sakes!

Wait till your daughter catches you not planning to shave but still 'lathering up' in the bathroom with the door closed. Kinda like the scene in Close Encounters with the potatoes at the dinner table.

Martin

dodgy said:
Johhnyboy said:
So I got the credit card out and went shopping. Best Badger brush, EJ DE razor with a blade selection to get me going. (although my young daughter was horrified to read 'Best Badger' on the Brush in the bathroom)

Did she object to the injustice of such a good badger being turned into a brush or three. You would think it would be punishment for the Worst badgers, not the best behaved ones for gosh sakes!

Wait till your daughter catches you not planning to shave but still 'lathering up' in the bathroom with the door closed. Kinda like the scene in Close Encounters with the potatoes at the dinner table.

Martin
I haven't got the stage of lathering up in the bathroom behind closed doors, yet; I'm only a beginner!

So, I succombed to the charms of a cute assistant in The Body Shop, and here I

Oh i can even picture you entering shops with cash in hands... And the salesman smiling with signs of £ in his eyes ( some old cartoons). Lol

Enjoy mate, it ll be a fun ride.

Welcome

dodgy said:
John said:
Hello and welcome to TSR.

That's it? Hello and welcome to TSR? Did you even read that poor bastard's post? This guy has the potential to be a real shooting star......

I can only figure that you and kindly Unca Mikey are cookin up something extra special for the new member. Maybe the Good Doctor will even get involved.

Oh, to the OP: welcome to this place

How would you prefer for me to greet the gentleman Martin?

I could have typed a 1000 page dossier combining shaving crap and the possibility of intergalactic relations with an overzealous two headed alien, whom has the potential too destroy entire planets by farting in an easterly direction, but has a liking for sugar puffs instead.

Or would you prefer a diamond encrusted Toilet seat,with a golden turd thrown in for good measure?

Or perhaps the Red Carpet treatment, with a crummy free box of chocolates hand presented by dale winton in rubber bondage gear?

I felt just a "hello" was more than enough in all honesty (rather than your cheep shot at abusing the OP's intentions of just saying Hello.)

Now if you don't mind I've got to go now to clean my fish tank, by by for now Marty xxxx

welcome onboard squire - we're a growing band of rebels.

soon we will have enough power take on the almighty evil gillette empire...........I mean, the new evil gillette empire, we quite like the old evil gillette empire - they used to be the best a man could get.................anyhoo - enjoy the ride!

John said:

I could have typed a 1000 page dossier combining shaving crap and the possibility of intergalactic relations with an overzealous two headed alien, whom has the potential too destroy entire planets by farting in an easterly direction, but has a liking for sugar puffs instead.

Or would you prefer a diamond encrusted Toilet seat,with a golden turd thrown in for good measure?

Or perhaps the Red Carpet treatment, with a crummy free box of chocolates hand presented by dale winton in rubber bondage gear?

I felt just a "hello" was more than enough in all honesty (rather than your cheep shot at abusing the OP's intentions of just saying Hello.)

Now if you don't mind I've got to go now to clean my fish tank, by by for now Marty xxxx

Ok now, who wrote all that? What am I missing here. Are you maybe 'blessed' with other personalities?

Anyway, I like the other funnier John better.

dodgy said:
John said:

Ok now, who wrote all that? What am I missing here. Are you maybe 'blessed' with other personalities?

Anyway, I like the other funnier John better.

Sorry Martin that was my bad side (that side of me doesn't rear it ugly head a lot (thank goodness) I like your preference, the funnier John is more likeable. :blush:

So, I succombed to the charms of a cute assistant in The Body Shop, and here I

Hi & welcome, sounds like you and your money won't be together long if you listen to half this lot! ;-)

I personally like the Proraso pre shave and think that it enhances my shaves considerably, well worth getting. I also like the Body Shop balm a lot too, although it's pricier than others you don't need a lot so it does last. As for soaps & creams, the choice is huge and the fun is trying them!

Hello and most welcome to TSR JB! :D ... PS Never mind the rantings of the American fellow, nobody understands him anyway.

Back
Top Bottom