So good you bought it twice?

What have you bought and finished, and bought again?

Looking back I've got through a fair amount of software and sold a lot of hardware.

I've just bought an R41 again after selling mine last year, no reason for selling but miss the aggressive and efficient nature so another one is winging its way to my bathroom.

Soap wise, the only soap to buy again after trying and finishing many is a humble La Toja shave stick.

Quite a few bits when I think about it.
For hardware, they've been Gillette Fatboys and Slims. I've also considered getting another Schick Krona.
For Software, Tabac, Mitchells Wool Fat, Ingrams Shaving cream (I stocked up in Egypt as their version is less runny and I prefer it), Floid Blue and a few Phoenix & Beau soaps albeit different scents.

More hardware then anything else, so many soaps to try...
Two EJ89s then two Progress. Both on the justification I have one for home and one for travel. Alas one of the Progress turned out to be a duffer, so that's soaking in oil.
As for soaps, only Nannys have been bought again so far. P&B might be bought again tho. Oh and I bought a second Palmolive cream, but haven't used it - does that count?

Several flavours of soap from the same manufacturer, sure. I think a lot of folks will be in this boat.

My only (kind of) duplicate hardware is I have Feather DX razors in folding and kamisori, I'm not if this counts because they do provide a different shaving experience.

Bought several things 'twice' but here are some that came to mind right away

Schick Type O.

Love the razor so started buying a few as backup. Ended up with three in total

New Forest brushes
Maybe my favorite 'all-around' brush have somewhere between 10 and 20 of them.

Wilkinson Kompakt
One of my favorite cart razors. Have two.

Floid Blue
Favorite A/S. Sitting on six 200ml bottles now and hope I won't run out for several years

Merkur 37C. Sold it off quickly first, always regretted. Later got it again and am again a happy camper.

Proraso Green. Love the scent, accept the performance :)

MÜHLE R89. Sold it right after I got my Weber. Regretted. Got an EJ later on, same head, different handle. Happy again.

On a more regular basis, my shower kit consists of Dove Pure & Sensitive bar and L'Oreal menthol face wash. Those are always replenished as needed.

Razors:
1. BlackBird razors - own 3 in different finishes
2. Weber PH - got one and was mightily impressed. When had a chance, snatched a back up.

Brushes/Knots
1. Paladin Falstaff - never too many
2. EnvyWhite Knots - got 4 knots to replace outdated badger in four of my favorite handles
3. Simpsons' Chubby 2 and M7 Manchurian

Soap
1. Nuavia - have back ups for two out of three
2. Mike's, OSP, P&B, B&M, T+S, LASS, Tabac, Sir Irish Moos, among many others...

AS
1. Floid Blue
2. ABC Sandalwood
3. Tabac
4. vintage Aqua Velva Blue

3 x G.B.S. bakelite safety razors. cost next to nothing but best razor i have ever used by some distance!
2 x bottles of clubman AS-top stuff!
2x tabac deo stick
2 x tabac AS
2 x citrus wood cologne

lots of soap sticks but they dont count do they? haha! i like to have a backup (or two) when i find something i like

3 x G.B.S. bakelite safety razors. cost next to nothing but best razor i have ever used by some distance!
2 x bottles of clubman AS-top stuff!
2x tabac deo stick
2 x tabac AS
2 x citrus wood cologne

lots of soap sticks but they dont count do they? haha! i like to have a backup (or two) when i find something i like

i read this wrong didnt i! haha
well stuff i repeat buy are.....
tabac a/s and deo sticks
arko stick
palmolive stick
jovan musk a/s and deo spray
old spice a/s and deo stick
blue stratos a/s

keeping it old skool day to day

Back
Top Bottom