Slant

I have a 37c and an ATT S2, the latter being better IMO due to less blade chatter allowing for an XTG and ATG in places without weepers. Build quality of the S2 is far higher as well. Saying that I'm not keen on the stubble re-growth after shaving with slants; somewhat sharper being more angled than a flat DE.

Did Hoffritz make 'ordinary' double edge razors, or just slants?

I ask as the bay of e has a few US ones on sale, priced anywhere from £35 to £250 for what looks very much like the same razor....

Shortish handle, nice looking travel box, open comb head, shiny silver finish or less shiny gold finish. :)

Hoffritz, as far as I know, didn't make any razors :) They had them produced by Merkur, and looking at the Hoffritz double slant Fasan as well.
Hoffritz branded razors include slants as well as non-slants, both as regular razors and as travelrazors.

Slants are terrific in my view. I have an ATT S2, a merkur 37c and a Fasan slant. They are all great, but in all honesty the 37c is still my go-to razor when you want a super smooth, efficient and irritation free shave, especially when you bung in a Sputnik blade.

Today I had a terrific slant Hoffritz shave.
S1 is a winner as well.
I like the feel of the blade against the skin so the iKon 102 hasn't been so great for me.

Awesome Ricky! Enjoy in good health. The S1 and the S2 are great slants indeed. What blade are you using? I have mine paired with a Feather and it's perfect for my beard and skin type. I've had good luck with the Kai and the Gillette Yellow 7 0'Clocks in the S1 as well.

Back
Top Bottom