Slant on pass around......

...Arrived this morning just in the nick of time.

I havnt shaved since Saturday evening in anticipation of giving the slant a good go.
Did all my usual prep. Brush in hot water, few drops on the soap, shower, face wash last. Last time I shaved was with a new feather so I used another new feather today, what can I say..... The shave was by far my best yet, close and smooth without any irritation, nicks or bleeders. I felt in control the whole time and never felt as though I could cut myself. Knocked the spots off my jagger 89........god knows what my next move is gonna be.
Anyone got any suggestions?

Get an R41 next.

Seriously though a slant shave on 4-5 days growth is always a nice experience, they just seem to really need that long stubble to chew up. On the other hand if you shaved with it tomorrow on 1 day's growth it would be a very slight letdown.
They're great to own for longer days, but I don't shave daily with them. That 89 you have is better on short stubble actually.

Canuck said:
Get an R41 next.

Seriously though a slant shave on 4-5 days growth is always a nice experience, they just seem to really need that long stubble to chew up. On the other hand if you shaved with it tomorrow on 1 day's growth it would be a very slight letdown.
They're great to own for longer days, but I don't shave daily with them. That 89 you have is better on short stubble actually.

What's doin The Canuck,

Hmmm, I remember having good luck using a slant daily for a little while. Heh, of course I also didn't get on with the DE89 head at all. I hate to say it, but one of us is wrong............

wetdog said:
Cheers guys, I will be trying the same set up tomoz evening on my daily shave.

Sounds like a darn good first shave. That razor/blade combo is a favorite for lots of people and years ago it was THE hot set up.

Main thing (which probably won't happen) is not to become complacent with her or not pay attention. She can be sassy on occasion, especially when loaded with a Feather.

Continued good luck with your other shaves,

Martin

dodgy said:
wetdog said:
Cheers guys, I will be trying the same set up tomoz evening on my daily shave.

Sounds like a darn good first shave. That razor/blade combo is a favorite for lots of people and years ago it was THE hot set up.

Main thing (which probably won't happen) is not to become complacent with her or not pay attention. She can be sassy on occasion, especially when loaded with a Feather.

Continued good luck with your other shaves,

Martin

Cheers Martin, that's one of my worries. That's a dam big gap and I reckon you could get a good slice of whatever off with that.

yhis razor is just getting better and better for me.

just had my 5th shave with it, a cold water one with the same blade for all 5 shaves. absolutely superb.

mick.

Back
Top Bottom