Sky Q

We ditched Sky completely a while back. Every so often (usually in December) we get a call begging us to rejoin. My wife just kept saying no until they offered us 3 months free with no obligation to continue. If you have been a long standing customer you will get better offers to try to tempt you back.

I've been speaking with Virgin as we currently have them for the home phone and broadband, when we priced up a package I would be saving £60pm! That's some saving which could be spent on things to cut my face up with. ;)

Fish

Another thing they don't tell you in the ads: if you have a BT Sports subscription it costs an extra £5pm to BT to view it on your second set - they count the mini-Q as another box.

It took an hour on the phone to get this sorted as no-one at Sky or BT were aware of this. Now I have to wait 24 hrs. for BT to shuffle paper and get someone to press the button.

Had a look at SkyQ but some research discovered it does not offer an RF outlet. This means that any customer that has a current SkyMagicLink installation (the ability to change channels from another room) becomes instantly redundant. Of course, it can be overcome, but at huge expense. The RF ability would have cost about 20p in manufacture stage, but hey ho...

Back
Top Bottom