Sky Q

Does anyone have it installed yet? Any good?

I figure the cat will have oodles of fun with all those globules of coloured water flying about the house and I'll have TV in the kitchen. Both things might be very bad.

I like the look of it, but too many £Â£ for me! I'll wait until no f*cker buys it and they reduce the price...:rolleyes:
AFAIK it doesn't need "installed", but I'm sure they will for more £Â£:D
There is £149 "setup" costs what ever the F**k they are! It would cost me an extra £15pm, but I object to the set up costs....

I'll wait too. I think Sky is getting very expensive and the sports and movies packages are great if you are home all day but not such value if you work. I dislike the way Sky seem to syncronise the adverts too so you cannot even switch over when the ads come on. With Netflix and Now tv getting better all the time I may cancel my subscription and save a fair few quid. Mind you if I threaten to do that they will probably give me Sky Q free.

Won't be looking at it for the moment. We have Sky HD and Movies (no sport). SWMBO and I were talking about our Sky package the other day and we decided that we do use it enough to make it worth the money. We have Multiroom which works well and our son uses it through his PS4.

I don't work and the man is coming Wednesday to install and demonstrate. My concerns are about sufficient bandwidth during peak times and dying in poverty - but the latter is for another day.

I'll be able to download movies to my tablet, 'drive' to the park on my mobility buggy and watch in the shade of a tree - if we have a summer, but that's not included in the Q Package.

It's all very well being able to record four programmes at a time but you can only watch them one at a time. Is life long enough?

After receiving a letter from Sky a couple of days ago and there intention to increase the monthly fee by £5 I'm calling it a day with them. I have the full package and multi room but I'm not going to be paying extra because they over paid to host the a sport I'd never watch (pansy football) and F1.

Fish

If it goes up I'm off too. I don't watch the sport. Not bothered for the movies and the missus watches the saops on terrestrial so I have netflix and Now tv. I only have sky 'cos I don't have an aerial. That's soon fixed though.

You can always negotiate a deal with Sky - just threaten to cancel or remove packages.

Sky Q fitted today - very swish but a whole new navigation to learn. When they say it goes on a tablet, they mean t goes on an Android tablet - nowt else.

The router works on three channels inc. one 5GHz and so gets past lack of bandwidth at peak times (allegedly) and makes some of my recent investment in extra routers a tad redundant (allegedly).

TV in the kitchen has already slowed life down!

Oh yeah! and then some! There's a terrific shaving channel and one about badgers and brush making. It's all those coloured water filled bubbles that make it really fun.

Back
Top Bottom