Single Edge by Supply Provision - are you getting one?

Update from Supply Provision:

"Hey there!

If you are receiving this email, you are one of our (very awesome) preorder customers for The Single Edge. And we are reaching out today with some good news: Your preorder is coming very soon!

I know, I've said that before. But this time, I mean it. As of tonight, we have boxed up and shipped out our final Kickstarter orders, and we are now moving on to our preorders (that's you)!

/../

Now for the details. We are beginning our first preorder shipments tomorrow, Tuesday June 21st. Our process to inspect and package each razor is lengthy, so we anticipate that it will take us until Thursday, June 30 to get all of your shipments out. We are shipping in order of preorder date, so our earliest orders will go out first. When your order ships, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number.

Hang with us just a little bit longer! Your patience has been tremendously appreciated - and it will pay off very soon!"

Mine's now on its way from Ipswich Mail Office to the local Delivery Office, according to the Royal Mail tracker; which it's necessary to switch to, once the USPS tracking terminates in London.
If it arrives today, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to use it, as I'm already spruced up. If it shaves as well as the Standard/Polsilver DE setup I've just used, I'll be happy.

Update from Supply Provision:

"Hey there!

If you are receiving this email, you are one of our (very awesome) preorder customers for The Single Edge. And we are reaching out today with some good news: Your preorder is coming very soon!

I know, I've said that before. But this time, I mean it. As of tonight, we have boxed up and shipped out our final Kickstarter orders, and we are now moving on to our preorders (that's you)!

/../

Now for the details. We are beginning our first preorder shipments tomorrow, Tuesday June 21st. Our process to inspect and package each razor is lengthy, so we anticipate that it will take us until Thursday, June 30 to get all of your shipments out. We are shipping in order of preorder date, so our earliest orders will go out first. When your order ships, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number.

Hang with us just a little bit longer! Your patience has been tremendously appreciated - and it will pay off very soon!"
Hang on!!

I still haven't had a dispatched mail for mine, and I'm a backer!

It's very well-packaged, with well-printed instructions, boxing etc. I give it top marks for presentation.

The razor itself has a good feel to it, and the quality is A1. I had no problems loading a blade (I have plenty of Schick and PAL experience), but it might be slightly tricky first time around for newcomers to this SE type. However, the technique and a couple of hints are described in the instruction leaflet. Once in, the blade sits firmly, and I can't see any alignment problems.

I can however guarantee that there will be a number of washbasin u-bend dismantles and/or frantic calls to Supply Provision for replacement or spare thumbscrews and springs. These are small, loose items, which would normally only need complete removal when changing to another baseplate, but I personally wouldn't attempt it anywhere I could possibly drop and lose them, and certainly not with wet or soapy hands. If mislaid, then the razor becomes unusable.

My feeling is that, once SP have released to Kickstarter backers and Pre-orders, it might be to their advantage to include a spare screw and spring in future; most especially where people have ordered the interchangeable baseplate option. This isn't a criticism, by the way; merely my observation, based upon my ability to drop and lose pretty much anything.

The baseplates are distinguished by 1, 2 or 3 small circles (etched?) on the inner surface of each. The razor had the 2-circle plate installed, so I'll set to with that tomorrow.

A week of thrills, what with Thursday's "événement".

Last edited:
Hey All - just a quick note! We boxed up our last Kickstarter rewards last night at about 11 PM CST. They will hit the mail stream today. You'll receive an auto email when USPS first scans it. If you don't in the next day or two, give us a shout!

Hey All - just a quick note! We boxed up our last Kickstarter rewards last night at about 11 PM CST. They will hit the mail stream today. You'll receive an auto email when USPS first scans it. If you don't in the next day or two, give us a shout!
Thanks for the response Patrick.

Back
Top Bottom