Simpsons v. Vulfix - the differences

Apologies if this has been psoted before, but I've been wondering what the differences (other than handle styles) there are between Simpsons brushes and Vulfix ones - given that they come from the same basic source. So I thought I'd send Progress-Vulfix that very question by email.

I had this very helpful reply from Brett, who said he was more than happy for me to post it here...

"Thank you for your enquiry, the main difference between the Simpson knots and the Vulfix knots is the weight of hair used for each knot, the Simpson knots have a lot more hair in than a vulfix knot, giving the Simpson brushes fuller heads, more backbone, greater water retention etc, this also increases the price as the hair is the most expensive part of a shaving brush."

"As for the hair grades, we source the finest quality hair possible for all of our shaving brushes, vulfix super badger is the same grade as Simpsons Best and Vulfix silvertip badger is the same grade as Simpson super badger."

Useful to know when thinking about that next brush purchase...

Interesting when you think about the prices listed on the Vulfix/Simpson web sites:

Excluding VAT

Vulfix 376 Silvertip 23mm knot £129.60 Simpson Polo 23 mm knot £107

Vulfix 41 Silvertip 26mm knot £151.95 Simpson Chubby 2 27mm knot £145

Simpsons more for less?

Back
Top Bottom